26

A/N: idk why but I rlly like this chapter so I'm just gonna post it cause why not. also sry it's kind of short, i would've added to it but I rlly like how it ended.

I ran as fast as I could, stumbling upon the entrance of the Sully's home tree. Everyone looked up at the breathless-teary me that held one hand over her mouth as the other leaned on the tree for support.

My arm fell limp at my side, as I muttered, "I killed him." Lo'ak glanced at his parents and Neteyam, before slowly getting to his feet. I blinked rapidly as my legs gave out from underneath. "I killed him," I repeated, this time the words really sunk in and I started to cry. Repeating the words once again, but this time screaming in horror.

Lo'ak was now across from me and holding both of my shoulders. "What? Ma Li'laak, who?" I didn't respond, still sobbing. "Killed who?!" He shook my shoulders.

"Him!"

Lo'ak looked at his parents over his shoulder, and Tuk ran to her mothers arm as my sobs filled the room.

"Tarsem?" Jake asked.

I started to shake at the mention of his name, "Get her out of here," Neytiri instructed in a hushed tone as Tuk clung onto her. "Ma Jake, get the Tsahik," she directed numbly.

Lo'ak started to pull me up, "Come on, it's ok, up, up." He said comfortingly and guided me out of the hut. Neteyam and Tsireya started to follow us, but Lo'ak shook his head no as he lead me to our secret spot. Eventually he had to pick me up so that I was wrapping around him, seeing that I was crying too hard to walk.

"Ok, we're here baby, we're here." Lo'ak said as he set me down on the ground of one of the trees that we had found. Lo'ak sat crisscrossed in between my legs, facing me.

My crying slowly ceased, and Lo'ak asked, looking at his hands. "Can you try to tell me what happened?"

I nodded my head and gulped, then proceeded to tell him everything that had happened that day. "Are you mad?" I asked nervously and he looked up at me shocked.

"What- baby, why would I be mad?" He asked and grabbed both my hands.

Tears started to form again, "Because I'm an awful person."

"You are not an awful person, he is, he always has been and always will be. Ok? You are not an awful person." He reassured me and started to stroke my cheek.

I leaned my head back, inhaling deeply. "Is he gone? Forever?"

"I think so baby, do you want to go see?"

"Yes!" I said breathily, I needed this closure, this reassurance that he was gone. Forever.

I jumped up and started to run, pulling a shocked Lo'ak behind me. I started to feel more free then I had ever felt in my life, and breathed in truly for what felt like the first time.

We arrived at my old hut, and saw the Tsahik hunched over Tarsem's bed, while Jake paced with one hand to his forehead.

I looked to Lo'ak for help when I didn't know what to do, and he just pushed me forward, giving me an encouraging look. I stumbled into the home tree with a dumbfounded expression, Lo'ak following closely behind me.

I hesitatingly approached the bed, and saw Tarsem laying there, barely alive. I stopped dead in my tracks, and Mo'at moved to her daughter.

"Daughter," he croaked out. "Please-" he coughed a few times, "give me- a second chance."

I started laughing at his request, an unbelievable amount of pain tearing up my insides. I kept laughing and laughing for what felt like forever.

"A second chance?!" I repeated hysterically as Lo'ak put a hand on my back. I leaned down so I was right in Tarsem's face, "Let me put you what you put me and my mother through, then we'll see if you want to give me a second chance."

Lo'ak clenched his jaw as I turned around. "Is he going to die?" I asked Mo'at calmly.

"Yes."

I nodded and swiftly walked out of the hut, not knowing what to do with myself now. An overwhelming feeling of guilt washed over me for saying what I said to Tarsem on his death bed. My head dropped into my hands and I started to cry; again.

"Ma Li'laak," Lo'ak cooed as he pulled me into a hug.

"I don't even know why I'm crying," I moaned into his chest.

"You don't have to," he shrugged as he played with my hair comfortingly.

"But I want to!" I yelled frustrating. "I want to be able to control single thing that exists!" I said through gritted teeth and clenched my hands around my face. My emotions felt like a whirlwind that would never ever stop. I groaned and pulled my head away from Lo'ak's chest, "I just want to scream!"

"Then scream," he said and peered down at me.

I leaned backwards in Lo'ak's hold, gripping onto his arms to keep me from falling, and just screamed. As I felt my body release all my pent up thoughts and feelings, I just started to laugh, and Lo'ak laughed with me.

I straightened my back to look at Lo'ak and put my forehead against his. "You're crazy baby," he giggled.

I giggled too, "I know, crazy for you!" At this he leaned back and burst out laughing.

"Is that why you're hysterically laughing?"

"Yes!" I exhaled almost crying from laughter. "Ma Lo'ak, why are we laughing?"

"Because we want to, my love," he smiled and nuzzled his nose against mine. "Come on," he pulled away from our embrace and started running off. "Come on!" He repeated giddily when I didn't budge.

"Ok, ok," I giggled and ran alongside him.

As the wind whipped my face and the night air brought me back to life, I put both my arms up in the air as I sprinted, yelling. "I'M FREE!"