23

Jake had taken Lo'ak and Neteyam out for a late-night fishing trip. Leaving me alone to sleep tonight. It was nearly time for the Tulkun to leave, meaning that we would soon return to the Omatikaya. I was excited to go home but knew I would miss the ocean and Tsireya. I would also miss Tsireya's new sibling: Hemwute, who was now two years old and who I loved to spend time with. I also knew that Tsireya and Neteyam were really close to mating, and that Rotxo would soon confess his feelings for Kiri. To these thoughts, I fell asleep, hoping Lo'ak would return home soon.

I gasped, my eyes shooting open. I sat up quickly, my arms clutching my stomach. I turned to see an empty sea of blankets beside me, and a cold emptiness washed over me. I let out shaky sobs and started to rock back and forth, attempting to take deep breaths, but failing.

I heard commotion outside and arguing and yelling. I saw Lo'ak stomp up to our hut, huffing. He rushed down by my side when he saw me crying, and sat down beside me, pulling my back against his stomach. He stroked my skin, shushing me until I calmed down. 

I relaxed and my head collapsed back onto his chest. I saw him run his hand over his face and rub his eyes, sighing heavily. I turned around and got on my knees, my hands laying empty in my lap. "What's wrong?" I tilted my head.

"It's nothing," he replied, refusing to meet my gaze.

"Bullshit." He just scoffed and I put my hands on his shoulders, "What's wrong my love?"

"I told you nothing!" He snapped at me, and I physically recoiled, shocked at his behavior. "Wait- I'm sorry," He reached out for me, "I'm just really tired." I nodded and pulled his head to my chest, laying back down on the bed. Lo'ak wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling his face in the space between my breasts.

I looked down at him, slightly lifting my head. "I love you, goodnight."

He planted a few kisses on my skin that was surrounding him, "Goodnight baby, I love you." I stroked his head until he fell asleep, me not being so lucky. I didn't want to bother him with my own problems, knowing he must be really tired. I looked out of an opening in our hut, a large palm leaf usually covered it, but tonight it was open. 

I stared out at the crashing waves and the trees that gently blew in the breeze, until the sand turned orange and the sun rose. Lo'ak moved ever so slightly, mumbling against my skin. I giggled and looked down at him again, starting to stroke his head once more.

His eyes fluttered open, and he sat up slowly, our legs tangled together. He rubbed his eyes and saw me looking out at the waves tiredly. He pinched his eyebrows together, "Did you sleep last night?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, "No, not really."

Lo'ak ran his hand over his face again, "I'm sorry." His head dropped onto his hand, and he propped it up with his knee, sighing heavily again. 

A look of concern took over my face and I sat up fully, straddling his lap. He looked up at me sadly and I brushed his hair out of his face, "Seriously, what's wrong?" He didn't say anything, his head dropping to my chest. He began to cry, and I worriedly hugged him tighter.

"It's so stupid," he tried to wipe his tears away, not looking at me. 

"Here," I grabbed my queue, but he shook his head, straightening his back.

"No, it's too- it's so fucking stupid." I took his face in one hand and forced him to look at me.

"No, it's not," when he still didn't do anything, I leaned into kiss him. "Ma Lo'ak," I mumbled against his lips, reaching back for his braid. He gave a small nod with his head, and I connected our queues.

Last night, on their fishing trip, Jake kept complimenting Neteyam and talking with him, acting really proud and stuff. But he didn't really talk to Lo'ak and never congratulated him, only scolding him when he did something wrong. They had gotten in a huge fight afterwards once they got home. I knew better than most that Lo'ak always felt like a disappointment to his father, growing up with him and all.

"Ma Lo'ak, that is not stupid." I said affirmatively. He looked back at me with a glint in his eyes, then smashing his lips on mine. I raised my eyebrows in surprise but complied as his knees lifted up and his hands travelled up my back. I pulled away, but he quickly pulled me back in, the kiss becoming more and more needy. He finally pulled away, and I looked at him confused. He just looked down and started to move my hips on him. Everything felt more heightened, and I squeezed my eyes shut, moaning slightly.

He started to take off his loincloth, struggling because of the position he was in. I smirked, "Ma Lo'ak, we cannot have sex every time we're upset," I said as I took my top off. 

"Yes we can," he replied, and I crawled off of him, taking off his and mine's cloths. Once we were both completely naked, he reached forward and pulled me onto him. I wanted to be in control, so I pushed his chest down, forcing him to go down on his elbows. 

He raised his eyebrows as I steadied myself on his chest, slowly going down on his dick, then pushing myself back up. "Fuck," Lo'ak groaned, his head dropping back. I started to bounce up and down faster, my hand running through my hair to try and calm down my senses. 

Lo'ak hit a new spot inside me, and I moaned every time his dick hit it again. My legs were starting to cramp, and the pleasure was overriding my ability to keep going. "Can you?" I asked, making eye contact with Lo'ak. He nodded his head and sat up, grabbing my hips and easily slamming them down. 

I whimpered and leaned back, Lo'ak's eyes squeezed shut as he started to thrust inside of me. I could tell he was about to cum, and he started sucking on my neck. Tears started to form in my eyes as I finished, and Lo'ak quickly pulled me off his dick, his hand wrapping around it. He groaned and fell back on his elbows. I laid down sideways across his stomach, both of us gasping for breath.

"I feel much better now," Lo'ak smirked, his head resting on his hands.

I giggled, and it turned into full on laughter. I covered my face with my hands as Lo'ak sat up, shifting me in his lap. "I love you," he muttered as he placed his lips on mine, cupping my face with both hands. 

"I love you too," I smiled. "You know what else I love," I smirked and glanced sideways at his dick, Lo'ak chuckled and shook his head, falling back on the bed.

That night, I was cooking with Neytiri as Tuk played in a corner. Jake was hanging out with Tonowari and Lo'ak was out with Payakan. Neteyam and Kiri were nowhere to be seen, but I had an idea of who they were with. 

My assumptions were confirmed when Kiri came back, walking rather stiffly, her eyes wide and face red. She sat down silently beside her mother, fists clenched as she awkwardly stared at the ground. Neytiri glanced at me before leaning towards her daughter, "What happened to you?"

Kiri made an incoherent noise, and Neytiri looked back at me. I just shrugged, resuming what I was doing. Then, Neteyam sauntered in, almost falling at how giddy he was. "Hi family," he smiled in a sing-song voice. 

"What happened to you?" I inquired as Neteyam flopped onto his hammock, replying with a sigh as he looked up at the ceiling. I rolled my eyes, again returning to what I was doing. Then, Lo'ak came in. He looked to be the opposite of his siblings, a blank but disappointed look in his eyes as he rubbed one of his arms. 

It seemed he was trying not to be noticed, but his mother caught him. "Lo'ak, come eat son."

"Thanks, but I'm good." He replied and tried to make another escape.

"Ma Lo'ak," he paused, sighing and shutting his eyes. "You must eat something," I emphasized.

"Not hungry," this time he did make an escape.

I sighed exsaperated, dropping what was in my hands. "What is with everyone today?"