Ch 5 Water Hose vs Musculature

Water Hose look at him with determination filled eyes. The woman darts a quick look at the unconscious suit before clicking her tongue. "Think you can hold him off for a minute while I get the civilian to safety?"

The man cracks his knuckles while letting out a nervous chuckle. "We'll just have to wait and see won't we?"

"Be careful." She gives him a peck on the... helmet, before grabbing the suit and dashing down an alley.

The question now is: will she come back for him?

"Don't think you'll be getting away that ea- whoa!" As he takes a step to chase after her, he slips on a puddle that wasn't there before.

"Don't think you can ignore me and get away with it." Water Hose minus one says.

With a scowl, the villain picks himself up. "I wonder how your woman will feel coming back to your mangled corpse."

"You'll still be wondering about that in a prison cell at the end of the day." And with the latest round of bantering done, the battle truly begins!

The villain charges at the hero, careful of his footing now. Seeming to understand that the same trick isn't going to work a second time, the hero takes a different approach for avoiding his attacks.

He directs two streams of water at the ground, now noticeably weaker without his wife around to compress them. He kicks off the ground and seems to skate along the water. My eyes are drawn to his boots, undoubtedly the things letting him skate along so easily. Good support gear. I wonder which company made them? I watch as the hero dodges the villains wide swings, constantly spraying water to enable his movement.

After a few moments of dodging and spraying him with water, the villain shouts in rage, clasping his hands above his head. "Stand still so I can kill you already!" His muscles seem to grow bigger before he brings them down, once again missing the surprisingly slippery hero and instead striking the ground. Fractures spread across the street, causing the hero to stumble.

The villain grins and this time goes for a jab at the hero's face instead of his previous swings. Still, the hero manages to roll under the punch, but instead of coming out of the roll he curls up and uses his water to roll, giving himself some distance from the villain.

I find myself nodding at his actions. He knows he doesn't have enough power to stop him, so he's keeping him focused on him so he doesn't try to run. But... My eyes narrow in suspicion.

Standing back up, the hero faces the villain. "Give up now, villain. By this time I'm sure my wife is on her way back, as well as having contacted other heroes for reinforcement."

My tail twitches in surprise. Interesting. It seems they don't care about climbing through the hero rankings if they're fine with sharing the takedown for this guy. That's another point in their favor.

The villain grins sardonically. "Guess I'll just have to finish you before they get here then."

Suddenly his legs start to bulge. The hero's eyes widen, but then he hears a shout. "Up!" Reacting on instincts trained for years to listen to his wife, he points his hands down and lets loose with his water. He shoots up into the air just in time to avoid the villain's sudden boost in speed. The ground craters under the villains punch, the ground fracturing even further.

The hero angles his water, jettisoning himself towards his other half. Water Hose is back together again.

I find myself nodding. Nice show of character. Even if she is his husband. Now let's see how the rest of this goes. I stand up, arching my back with a stretch. I start to move closer.