Ch 68 Mewsings of a Spy

(Toga?)

I quietly hum happily to myself as I walk down the halls of the Yakuza base towards Eri's room. The guy I'm disguised as right now is set as the one to watch her after the last one let her get out of the base. Which just so happened to be the guy I impersonated to gain access to the base. A bit of trouble, but kidnapping another random member and draining them of their blood fixed that problem lickity split! Emphasis on the lickity!

Bonus points for getting assigned to watch the little unicorn after bringing the first guy's tortured body to one of the higher ups. I would have taken it directly to Overhaul, but the guy is a total germaphobe.

He's going to be really upset when he's covered in his own blood~.

Wait, would he? Germaphobes are all about everything else being gross, so would he be okay being covered in his own stuff? Hmm. Oh well! Covering him in his own blood is more for my enjoyment instead of his! And he won't be covered in it in a good way!

He sucks! Seriously. Taking Eri's blood? It's fine, happens to everyone all the time. Sure, they're usually at least a bit older than Eri is, but still not outside of the norm. Heck, I don't even wait for people to offer it before I take it! But using his quirk on her to get the 'purest' form of her dna?

Yeah... that's crazy talk. And I would know!

I can see the door leading to her room, and I quickly school my expression. Chronostasis, one of Overhaul's 'hands' is standing outside of it. He's not much of a fighter from what I've seen, but he's pretty close to me in stealth skills. I can't say who would win in a game of hide and seek between the two of us.

Still though, he's not nearly as dangerous for me to be around as Nemoto. After I learned about his quirk, I've done everything I can to avoid being in his presence for any longer than necessary.

"There you are," Chronostasis says as I approach. "You've been doing good work with the girl. Kai is pleased."

I smile at him, holding back from the urge to slit his throat, let the blood splatter across the boring white hallways. The only good thing about how white everything is is the fact that a nice blood splatter is going to look absolutely heavenly.

But not yet. Patience, patience. It will be soon. Soon I'll get to cut as much as I want! Bleed people as much as I want! Catia's been so boring ever since she started hanging out with Izu-kun. He's a bad influence on her! Doesn't mean I don't like him- but he's still a bad influence on her!

Ever since she started listening to him ramble on about heroes she's been holding both of us back! Less hunts! Less blood! Less killing! Less fun!

She's even started buying into the whole hero schtick! Like, actually being a hero!

I let out a mental sigh as I responded to him. "I'm happy to be of use."

He nods. "Continue with your work. She's been more accepting of the procedures since you've taken charge. Though-" Suddenly there's a dozen thick arrow-like hairs less than an inch away from my face. "-I still don't like the fact that you got rid of the camera in her room."

I swallow, not that I'm actually scared or anything. But it's what whoever I look like would do. "I-It's part of t-the p-p-plan. If she doesn't think the b-boss is watching her, she doesn't have to be worried she'll make him upset without knowing."

He hums as his hair withdraws, not looking away. The way everyone's eyes peer out through these plague masks is creepy! Not even creepy-cute! "Just see to it that no problems arise. Wouldn't want you to have to go on a...vacation...and get Eri a new watcher."