Ch 75 Monday Mews

I trod into the empty classroom with heavy steps, slouched shoulders, and essentially just an overall tired appearance. What Himiko said at the raid has been bothering me. So much so that this is the first time I've left my room. I didn't answer the door for Aizawa, Minya, Tormew, or Midorinya and just stayed curled in a ball while hugging my plushie.

But I can't really afford to miss class. Especially given how suspicious the staff are likely to be. Nya-it Himiko. Why'd you have to say so much! And since when are you ever serious!? How the nya did you manage to pull off that 'wise and mysterious' litter!?

Regardless of what I think about what happened, I'm still a student. For now~.

I studiously ignore that little voice in my head. If I don't give it any attention, it'll eventually go away. I've done it before and I'll do it again. Nya, it'll be even easier now that I'm not a kid!

Slowly, the rest of the class walks through the door, most of them heading to their own seats with nothing more than nods directed my way, if that. Iida, of course, studiously ignores me. The stick in his butt always seems to get just a little bit bigger whenever he's not the first one in class. I wonder if I can get him angry enough to flip me off~?

The idle thought manages to bring my mood back up a bit, and I let a small smile tug at the corners of my lips. One that manages to reach its full potential when Minya and Tormew walk in together and immediately beeline towards me.

"What happened at the raid?" Tormew asks.

"We were worried but you wouldn't open your door!" Minya continues.

"I had to stop her from climbing in through your balcony." Tormew rats her out, getting a gasp from the pink-skinned girl.

"Hey! You were all in on going in through the outside, but Tsu stopped both of us!"

"I have no memory of that happening." Tormew looks away and puts a finger to her chin in a thinking pose.

I can't help but chuckle at their antics, the sense of normalcy helping me push away Himiko's words. For now, they don't matter. At the moment I'm at UA, so there's nothing to be done except be a student.

Though I do miss the freedom of being able to go out as a vigilante or work out my frustrations at the Masquerade. Stupid dorm system. But as I watch my friends argue about whose idea it was to try climbing through my balcony, I can't say it's a bad trade.

I spring from my seat and wrap my arms around the two of them as my tail waves happily behind me. They look surprised for only a second before they return the hug, and I simply enjoy the warm feeling I get from the action.

Unfurtunately though, I hear the telltale sound of our homeroom teacher, his steps barely making any noise as he quickly approaches the classroom. With him are two- no, three others. So I reluctantly pull away from them, letting my hands linger on their arms for a few seconds longer before I sigh and give them a smile.

"Thanks fur that."

My heartfelt gratitude gets small chuckles in reply. "Of course. Anytime you need a hug, I'm always available!" Minya says with a happy grin and a thumbs up.

"Yeah! No matter what you need, just ask!" Tormew clenches her fists close to her chest as her eyes shine even more than usual. "I'm more than happy to help you with anything!"

I pat them both on the head, shaking away the idle comparison of Tormew's hair being softer while Minya's is fluffier. "Then how about mew both sit down, Aizawa is nearly here. And we have guests, nya."