Ch 62 Celebrities Meet

I manage to make it to the safehouse without any issues, easily avoiding the few people still awake to wander the streets this late at night. People really underestimate just how much fun it is to jump across rooftops.

Anyways, now that I'm in costume I head out, making my way to the general direction of the Masquerade. If I don't come across any good hunting opportunities, at least I won't have to travel from all the way across the city. Though given the distance I'd only have enough time to do a single fight before I need to head back to UA. Can't let it be known that I snuck out to act as a vigilante by missing class. Again.

While I travel my mind wanders back to Midorinya and what he was asking me. I didn't get the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure it was something about grabbing a bite to eat. Did he hear about some new restaurant? Or is something new trending that he wanted to try?

Eh, I'll apologize to him tomorrow and ask about it. Check it out and go if it looks good. Maybe I could Invite Minya and Tormew...

I hear a sound as I pass over yet another random alley, prompting me to stop and turn around. Peering over the edge of the building I see a man mugging a suspiciously well-dressed woman at knife-point. An oddly common scenario given just how idiotic it is to look at.

I mean, why would a woman clearly dressed like she comes from money be awake so late at night? Or rather, why would she be walking around at night instead of driving? And in heels? Utterly ridiculous.

That's not even mentioning why they would suddenly decide, "You know what sounds like a good idea? Walking through this overly dark alley out of sight from the streets, where a majority of heroes tend not to patrol."

Honestly I'm always tempted to let these people get robbed in the hopes of them learning a gods-nya'd lesson. But, like now, for whatever reason I decide that I'll still help them. I'll let them get a little trauma first, but I'll still help them.

So as the random thug I've nicknamed 'Little Thug' yanks what I think is a designer brand purse out of the woman's hands, I drop down on top of him, letting my weight bear him to the ground as I grab his head. Timing it juuust right I shove forward, causing his head to slam into the floor with a decent amount of our combined weight. After getting that satisfying *crack* of a skull hitting cement his body goes limp.

I hop off and with a quick swipe toss the purse towards the gobsmacked woman. Who flinches back as it smacks her in the face, making me sigh. "Mew were supposed to catch it, mew know."

And with those words of wisdom I scamper up the side of the building and onto the roof to resume my journey. "Huh," I muse, "I'm not really in a killing mood, nya. Guess that puff of catnip did mrow than I thought to clawm me down."

Obviously I didn't come out with my mind clouded by rage and bloodlust. That's just asking for trouble. Or worse, getting caught. So I lit up just a smidge of catnip before I came out. Not even an ounce! I'm perfectly in control of all my facilities!

So why exactly, after leaving the site of my third thug down -that one wasn't actually doing anything criminal but I recognized him and he's a prick so nya- am I looking down at a bank robbery without doing anything? Well, that's because the person doing it is someone I didn't think I would see robbing a bank.

The internet star (not really) boldly walks out the front doors of the bank holding duffel bags full of money. He looks at the alley directly across from him, and starts to speak. Or rather, monologue.

"As you can see, my loyal viewers, it is a simple matter to abscond with quite the sizable sum of cash. Why, it wasn't even a bother to remove the dye packs they'd hoped to use in order to track any money stolen!"