Ch 22 Murder

(3rd person POV)

Police tape cordons off the house, lights flashing across its walls. The detective that was called to the scene sighs, adjusting his coat so it rests on his shoulders easier.

"So what do we know so far?" He asks one of the officers.

"A break-in and a murder, bundled into one package deal for your convenience." She smirks back. At his tired look, the brunette continues in a more serious tone. "That actually is the gist of what we've been able to determine. Neighbors called when they heard the screams, and when we got here we found the man in a blood soaked living room."

The detective sighs. "Well, let's see what I'm dealing with today."

He enters the house, pulling on a pair of gloves as the officer follows. No damage to the door or the foyer, he notes. So the victim opened the door on their own, which makes the break-in angle debatable.

Whether or not it was argued in the courtroom isn't his problem though. What is, is figuring out what happened and who to track down.

He grimaces when he enters the living room. Blood is splattered across everything. The couch. The walls. The tv. Looking up, he also sees it on the ceiling. But where the blood has pooled? That would be three locations.

The pair of arms tossed in the corner.

Around the corpse itself.

And finally, on the coffee table, where the man's head rests.

His nose scrunches up at the strong smell of blood, as well as the scene. But this is his job, and as unfortunate as it is that he can say it, he's used to this kind of scene. So instead of saying anything about how horrible the scene is, he simply crouches down to examine the mostly full corpse.

"Judging by the condition of the shoulders, as well as the marks around his feet, odds are that the victim was still alive when his arms were torn off."

The officer who accompanied him nods her head, writing jotting down what he said.

"So it wasn't just a burglary. More likely the real intention was the victim. But was it to settle a grudge? Or something else..."

He trails off and examines the torn off parts of the body. "The arms are crushed, and the head still has part of the spine attached, so the killer likely has some form of strength enhancing quirk."

He sighs. "Not that that would narrow it down. Any information on who the victim was?" He asks, staring at the third eye on the head.
He hears the rustle of papers behind him and extends a hand, retracting it once he feels a folder in his hands.

A quick look reveals that the man was named Paul Akihiro, and he had a monkey based mutation quirk. Though I could have guessed as much due to the tail. According to the file, he's married to a woman with a whale quirk, also a mutation.

"No criminal record... but that doesn't mean he might not have hidden anything." He mutters to himself. "Did you search the house for any clues?"

The officer nods her head. "We did. Apparently his wife isn't here, and judging by the amount of dust that's collected on her clothes in the closet she hasn't been back in a long time."

He nods. "Anything else?"

"Well..." She hesitates a moment. "We found another room. Judging by the look, it's a girl. Apparently she went to take the UA entrance exam today. Lucky for her."

He winces. Gone to take a test for highschool, come back to find your father murdered. Not a good day. Though taking a look around the room, something nags at him.