Ch 21 UA Practical Exam

(3rd person POV)

The observation room is filled with the staff of UA as they watch the practical exam begin. Within the first minute, they make note of a few notable participants.

An angry blonde child who shouts 'die' whenever he uses his quirk to explode one of the robots.

A girl with cat features who summoned helpers to hunt down robots, as well as aid other applicants.

And lastly, a green haired boy, who's the only one who requested the use of equipment in the exam.

"I can't believe that we're actually getting a quirkless person trying to get in." Comments Vlad King. "The other ones who showed up left before they could even get on the bus! No drive, I tell you!"

"Indeed. Being quirkless does not mean you can't become a hero. But to lack the will to try and go beyond your limits does. I'm surprised that they didn't try to requisition equipment as well."  The sleep deprived underground hero, Eraserhead, also known as Shouta Aizawa, comments.

A small rat person sips his tea, then speaks. "Oh, he didn't requisition any equipment. He asked only to be allowed to use what he's made himself."

"""What!?""" The assembled staff shout in surprise. They turn their focus to the screen of the child in question, watching as he ducks under a robot's punch smoothly before punching it. This activates the glove he's wearing, which releases enough electricity to disable the one point robot. He then helps the applicant who'd fallen to his feet before rushing off again.

"You're saying that kid made those gloves? And he didn't use a quirk to do it?" Asks Powerloader, the hero in charge of the Support course. "Are we sure that he didn't submit his application to the wrong department?"

"Quite certain. In fact he submitted it four times, along with an apology for the excessive work. Apparently he was worried that someone would try to get rid of his application before it was filed."

"Why would anyone get rid of his application!? Anyone with such youthful vigor deserves to be in this school. As long as they can go as hard and fast as the others of course~." The R18 hero, Midnight moans.

"Signs of a victim mentality? Or maybe he's just overly cautious? If he gets in, I'll schedule a session with him to check..." The guidance counselor, Hound Dog, mutters under his breath.

"Ignoring that for the moment, I'm assuming that you'll be sending this problem child to my class?" Aizawa draws everyone's attention to the angry person on another screen, who's yelling at someone for getting in their way. But he also helped them from getting injured in the process. So should they give him a rescue point for that?

Well they have a week to decide, so there's no rush. "Of course!" Nezu claps his hands... paws... forelimbs together. "Your personality is best suited for dealing with these types of students, after all."

The only response the principal gets is a sigh of resignation. All Might, meanwhile, hasn't turned away from the screen showing the green haired boy. It's him. I definitely remember that messy green hair from the rooftop. Heh, I guess we'll see if I was wrong. Show me your conviction young man!

He's finally drawn from his thoughts by Midnight, the R18 hero, commenting on the final noteworthy person. "By the way, that girl has been muttering to herself almost since the exam started. And half of those adorable cats she's using have gone off to help others. Do we know what she's saying?"

Everyone shakes their heads. The cameras can't pick up the sound of a single person talking quietly with the sounds of fighting filling the room after all.