Ch 41 Cult of Nya

Clicking my tongue I cross my arms, not letting off on my glare. "What are mew doing here, Nekomura?"

She smiles at me. "Why, we're here to help you, my Goddess!"

I snort. "Purrty sure that attacking the number one hero school isn't helping."

Her smile doesn't waver. "We know you very well. Even if mew don't know we're helping mew, we always are."

"HOLD ON A MINUTE!" Mineta's shout draws my attention to the fact that a few of the other cultists have been attacking him while Nekomura and I have been talking. After sticking another one to the floor, he points at us.

"Can someone explain what the heck is going on here!?"

I sigh, gesturing at her. "Nekomura is the head of a cult that worships cats and cuteness." I flip my hair with a gesture. "Since nya am both, they worship me."

"THAT EXPLAINS NOTHING!!!"

I snort, summoning four brawlers that launch themselves at the cultists encircling us. "They prowl around stalking me and do their best to 'see my will done'. Even if they end up getting in nya way."

Nekomura's eyes widen and she raises a hand to her chest. "Mew wound me, Goddess. We know your desires and simply seek to help! I apologize if that upsets mew, but ensuring your long-term happiness is our priority."

She smirks as she takes a step back and gestures to the boy standing beside her. "Which is why our newest member shall take the stage."

His head whips towards her and his eyes widen. Apparently he wasn't expecting to have the attention put on him. Shuffling awkwardly, he fidgets before opening his mouth. Only for Mineta's yelling to interrupt him.

"STOP IGNORING ME, DAMMIT! If these people are supposed to worship your body, tell them to stop attacking me!" He does a flip over a lion girl as she dives for him with claws outstretched. Landing on her head, he drives it down with a stomp while sticking two balls on her forehead and sticking it to the ground.

I blink at him in surprise. Wait. Is Mineta... actually good at fighting? Unfortunately, the inattention plaguing me all day leaves an opening. An opening the boy takes advantage of.

He dashes towards me, a determined expression on his face. My head whips back towards him as my eyes widen. He's fast! A nearby brawler cat uses a cultist as a springboard to launch towards him, only for him to whirl around on one foot and cut through its throat with a knife that fell from his sleeve.

Seeing the ease of the movement, my eyes narrow and I set myself. Briefly, I consider using my special move, but quickly dismiss it. Nekomura said that he's new, which means he hasn't gotten much combat experience. Judging by his appearance, I'd guess that he has some kind of reinforcement quirk. My claws extend. But as long as it's not as hard as Kirishima's, I shouldn't have too hard of a time taking them down.

But as I swipe at him, he easily flows around my arm and extends his own, grabbing my shoulder and trapping it. My eyes widen. "That's-"

They whisper something in my ear and I freeze. Slowly, they let me go and take a step back, keeping an eye on my movements. But I just cross my arms and glare at them. Nodding in satisfaction, they turn to Nekomura and give her a thumbs up.

She claps, hopping in place. "Good job, Koda! With this, we'll see the Goddess' wish fulfilled without any problem!"

"What the hell! Catia, do something!" But Mineta's cries fall on deaf ears as my puffed up tail simply sways side-to-side. Nekomura giggles, covering her mouth with one of the speakers.