Ch 51 Killer Conversation

School is canceled for the rest of the week, probably so everyone can destress from the villain attack and go see the school counselor if they need to. A few of my classmates do go see him the day after the attack, but not the person I suspect to need it the most.

It's currently Saturday night though, and I can tell that whatever is bothering Mina has the rest of the class on edge around her. It's not really that hard to tell given all the glances they shoot at her when they think she can't see them. Not to mention when she plops herself down in the living room and a couple of them leave. Honestly it would be harder not to notice.

There's very few people who are treating her normally, in fact, and her fake smile is becoming more and more strained. At the moment she's having a dinner of burgers with Toru, who's seemed strangely unaffected by the USJ attack. No... that's not quite right. If I had to say, it would seem that she's become happier after it? Maybe Mineta was bothering her worse than the other girls when none of us were paying attention? Taking advantage of the others not being able to see her? It makes me glad that the Cult killed him off at the USJ.

And while Toru's unusually chipper attitude definitely helps Mina feel better, it's clear that it's far outweighed by the majority of students ostracizing her. Unfortunately the class dummy, AKA Kaminari, decides that now is a lovely time to get his own dinner while being oblivious, and brings the situation to a head.

He walks into the kitchen, somehow not seeing the bright pink alien girl and the set of floating clothes sitting at the counter. After grabbing a cup of instant ramen, which I dislike but request purely because Iida hates them, he pours boiling water that someone leaves on a hotplate precisely for the noodles, which I do not do but wholly approve of since it agitates my robotic classmate even more.

Anyways, he only manages to see Mina after he turns around to presumably sit at the counter and eat. An activity he becomes unable to do due to jumping in surprise and spilling boiling water on the hand holding it, causing him to scream and drop the whole thing from pain and surprise.

Of course his scream draws the attention of the other people not in their rooms, mainly those remaining of the Bakuclan, as well as Momo and Aoyama. Unable to see the dropped cup of noodles, they can only focus on Kaminari's burned hand. Immediately Kirishima turns to Mina with a look of disappointment and anger on his face.

"Mina, what the hell!? Why'd you burn Kami-bro for!?"

That seems to be the last straw for her since she slams the remainder of her burger onto the plate and storms up the stairs and to her room, leaving behind a stunned silence. One that's broken by Kaminari explaining that the burns are from the ramen he spilled.

Seeing Kirishima start admonishing himself for misunderstanding I sigh and jump down from the overhang I put on the window so I could bask in the sun. Seeing me, Toru's worried expression eases a bit, though she continues to shoot glances at the stairs, clearly worried for our friend.

As for the ones that seem to have a problem with her... My glare causes a couple of them to look away in shame, though Bakugou of course just matches it with his scowl. "Ok, someone is going to tell me why nyall have been acting weird around Mina."

Bakugou's scowl deepens. "Like I have time for that shit, I'm heading to bed."

As he stomps up the stairs to his own room, I turn to the others, raising an eyebrow to prompt them while my tail flicks in irritation. Unsurprisingly, it's the member of my own clan, Momo, who answers me.

"Well... something happened at the USJ when all of us were separated." My face deadpans into the most 'no-shit' expression I can make. I mean, where else would something have happened? Seeing how unamused I am at her stating the obvious, she flushes and decides to just outright say what happened.