Ch 64 Meeting Prepurrations

Nezu looks down at the list I've given him, humming in thought. "This is quite the treasure trove of information, Miss Catia. Your spy has done excellent work."

I shrug, not mentioning that the only reason the reports on the 'Eight Bullets' is because Co- Rappa is one of them. Since we're on opposite sides right now I should call him by his name. "The Cult has good cats." I say simply.

"Indeed." Nezu nods. There's silence as he continues to look through the files while I consider who would be a good match for Rappa. I could see if the giant idiot banana would join, but I don't want Eri or Himiko to be caught in a collapse from his reckless attacks. Not to mention that, with how closely the news follows him, the yakuza would know about the raid before we'd even left.

A hazy memory comes back to me then, one where smoked catnip filled the room. I remember doors flying off their hinges, and a battle-hungry smile. If I'm remembering right, I'm pretty sure...

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a knock on the door, Nezu looking up from the papers as he calls out for them to enter. In walks a tall lanky man in a gray suit and red tie with white polka dots on it. His dark green hair has some yellow highlights, which matches his yellow glasses and yellow eyes.

He gives off a no-nonsense attitude as he surveys Nezu's office, his eyes falling to rest on the clear outlier. "Why is a student here, Nezu? I was under the impression that we were going to discuss the information that will be presented to the raid team."

He nods happily in reply. "That's correct! In fact, that's exactly why Miss Catia is joining us. She's presented us with the details on the Shie Hassaikai's top members, the Eight Bullets, as well as having seen their leader's quirk in action."

He peers at me with a new light in his eyes, one that's judging my value, making me squirm uncomfortably. He stalks forward until he's standing above me, glaring down. He opens his mouth, and I'm prepared for his derisive words about how a first year student who doesn't even have a provisional license couldn't have much to contribute, but that's not what I hear.

"Make me laugh."

"Nya?" I blink in confusion and tilt my head, sure that I heard him wrong.

"Make me laugh," he says again, and now I'm sure I heard him right the first time.

I shoot a confused look at Nezu, getting a chuckle in reply. "Sir Nighteye is a man who values humor and laughter. As All Might's former sidekick, it only makes sense that he wishes for people to smile."

I hold back a scowl at that reminder. I'd completely forgotten that All Might used to have a sidekick. Though now that I'm reminded, I'm pretty sure that I have some murder plans for him stashed in a drawer somewhere...

Not that I'd expect any of them to work of course. I made them when I was, like, nine or something. Hardly the best age to plot the murder of a prominent hero's sidekick. I was still going after random thugs in attacks of opportunity. I had Nekomura to help by that point at least, so I started getting less injured.

I shake the reminiscence out of my mind, focusing back on the here and now. Make him laugh...

Well, I didn't have anything planned for now, but let's see if he can wait for the meeting. After explaining what I'd planned he smiles, agreeing with it. But Nezu has a problem with it. "You don't have a provisional license, so I cannot allow you to participate in the raid."

I raise a finger. "Counterpawnt. I don't have to participate in purrson. My cats can work separately from me so long as I meow them instructions beforehand."