Ch 47 USJ Aftermath

(UA)

The tension in the staff's meeting room is tense. But what else could it be given everything that's happened? An unprecedented attack on school grounds, and after they'd implemented the dorm system expressly to safeguard their students! The media is out for blood, and it's scarcely been three hours since the event.

And that's without them even being aware of the incidents the students were involved with during the attack, nor what had happened to two students in particular...

Sitting at the head of the table, Nezu clears his throat to ensure that everyone's attention is on him. Not that it's needed, given how all the teachers are relying on him to come up with a plan.

"First of all, do we have an accounting of all the villains, and the state they were retrieved in?" A few of the teachers question his choice of words, but at Ectoplasm's explanation they understand.

"There were approximately one hundred villains scattered across the different zones of the USJ, with another thirty having been gathered in the square where Eraserhead engaged them. Out of the total of one hundred-thirty, sixty-five were captured with minor injuries. Forty had major injuries and required hospitalization."

Here, he pauses, the other teachers unaware of the situation subconsciously leaning in as they wait to hear of the last twenty-five villains. Only to be shocked at their fate. "The remaining villains were all deceased."

The silence is deafening as the assembled try to wrap their heads around his words. Unsurprisingly, it's the loudest of them all that breaks it. No, it's no surprise, but what is is how quiet his voice is, practically whispering his words.

"A-are you saying that the villains... were killed? How!?"

Well, whispering for him.

Aizawa takes up the explanation, seeing as he was there. With his only serious injury being his partially destroyed arm, he insisted on being present at the meeting. Especially due to how he blames himself for Catia being kidnapped.

"There were ten at the fire zone, where Ashido and Ojiro were sent. Apparently Ashido's acid was ignited by the flames and exploded, resulting in several casualties. Additionally, after seeing Ojiro rendered unconscious, she lost control of her quirk and excreted acid at her maximum potency. Currently she's being treated for acid burns after overusing her quirk."

"That poor girl..." Midnight whispers, imagining how she must be feeling over taking someone's life. It's something every hero eventually faces, but to be put into that situation not even a week into her time at UA...

She can only imagine what she's going through.

'~'

Mina stares up at her hand while laying in bed. It agitates the burns on her arm a bit, but that's not important right now. The questions the police asked were...hard... to answer. The questions about the burns on the villains were easy, considering that they were all in the Fire Zone. Telling them about what happened to Ojiro was also easy, and they'd be getting his own statement when he wakes up.

No... the hard part was... the dead. Some of the villains, mainly the ones she fought after she'd stopped holding back... didn't survive. The first was the guy who controlled the fire. She knew he didn't survive given the hole in his chest, but she'd hoped. The explosion that happened was only on the level of Bakugou's after all! But...

The second was the guy who covered himself in rocks. Her acid didn't actually do all that much damage to him, in fact he should have just been incapacitated. There's just one thing that went wrong.

The fumes.

The inner layer, as well as his skin, were being corroded by her acid. But even if his armor was loose enough to let liquids and gasses escape, it was tight enough that the fumes knocked him unconscious, then killed him.