Ch 39 Welcome to the USJ

(LOV Bar)

A young man with light blue hair glares between the fingers of the dismembered hand hiding his face. The teenage girl standing in front of him simply maintains her smile. Irritated, the young man scratches the side of his neck.

"Why the hell should I bring you people along? You said that you won't listen to me, so there's not really a reason for me to take you. Actually, that means I should just kill you now. Make sure the rest of the mobs know to fall in line."

She chuckles, an odd chuckle to those who don't know her. "Nyahaha. Mew could certainly try. But mew wouldn't want to get injured before your big debut, now would mew?"

He starts scratching harder as his glare intensifies. She waves her hands in front of her. "Now, now. There's no need to be so angry. We'll still work with mew to achieve your goal. We'll just be doing it our way."

There's a growl in his voice as he replies. "Oh? And how exactly would that work?" He jabs his thumb over his shoulder towards a bipedal bird monster with its brain exposed. "Do you have something that can kill All Might?"

Her smile doesn't waver. "As long as he cares about his students, or at least tries not to hurt them, then I'd say we have a pretty good chance."

"Oh?" He smirks at her confidence. Sensei did tell me that an interesting NPC would be visiting, but I didn't think he meant it. Usually the 'interesting' people his Sensei talks about are merely 'important' to his goals. But they're hardly ever interesting. But this one...

"Enlighten me." It's not a request, but the girl's infuriating smile stays. She motions forward one of the people who came with her, a boy with a pointy head and lacking any hair or lips.

"This boy's quirk allows him to command animals. Though their instincts sometimes subvert control, they'll still work to follow his orders."

The man snorts. "And? We're attacking a school, not a zoo."

She simply says one thing. "Animal mutation quirks."

It takes a moment, but a look of understanding lights up his face, and a dark smile spreads his cracked lips. "So if any of the students have animal-based mutations, he can control them?"

She nods. "There are three, from what we know. A frog girl. A bird boy. And the one we're after. A cat girl."

"Hmm." He sips from his tea in thought before placing back down with a click. "And why are you interested in this girl?"

Her smile widens. "We simply follow the will of the Goddess."

There's silence for a moment as the boy next to her fidgets with his fingers.

"Ok, you can join the party." He holds out his hand, one finger pulled away. She grabs it and shakes it once, but tightens her grip instead of letting go as her eyes flash.

"Glad to be working with mew. But make sure mew get all of us out when the time comes, or else you'll be dealing with our Goddess' wrath."

(Back to Catia)

Apparently today we're doing rescue training. Honestly, Rescue Heroes are some of my favorite kinds. They tend to be less well known than typical pros- unless they have some kind of flashy gimmick or quirk-, but I admire how they dedicate themselves to saving people specifically, rather than fighting villains. Though it's true that they do get paid more in recompense. So it's still kind of debatable on whether or not they'd be 'true heroes' as a guy I know would say.

"Ok, every-nyan. Just hop aboard, and no clawing for better seats." I can see Iida twitch at the lack of proper direction, but too bad for him~. I don't care what they do as long as they don't cause problems.