Ch 25 Housewarming Gift

A week after moving in, Midnight returns, her lips twitching as she tries to hide a smile. Seeing that, I give her a suspicious look. She simply giggles in response.

"So, you've been here a week already. Have you gotten settled in yet?' She smiles at me. Briefly, I consider confronting her about whatever it is she's obviously trying to hide, but decide against it. Everyone has their secrets, and I doubt that whatever she's hiding will be too problematic for me.

Unbeknownst to either of us the principal of the school, Nezu, is on his way to see how I'm settling in. As well as to investigate the reaction he saw.

In my room, I'm pouting at Midnight, who started laughing when she saw how I decorated my room.

I figured that since I'm going to be staying here for the next three years, I might as well go full in for what I want.

Which obviously means that nearly everything is cat-themed. The boring bed was replaced with one that looks like a sleeping black cat. The desk has been covered in cat stickers, and is decorated with cat decorations. I also have a few posters of cats being cute on my walls. And the reason why Midnight is laughing...

Scratching posts.

I've basically turned the wall with the door into one big scratching wall, as well as a few individual posts in front of it.

"I don't see what's so funny," I grumble. "It's perfectly natural to want to scratch stuff. Not to mention that my cats enjoy it too, nya."

She finally manages to get her laughter under control and pats my head. "Heh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh. It's just that your room is so cute! I didn't expect this at all from how you acted when you first got here."

I roll my eyes. "Well how would you feel if you were told you had to move onto your school's campus after putting a ton-nyaf effort into finding a place that would let you move in?"

"I'd be mad." She promptly says.

"Exactly." I nod.

She walks over to my bed, smiling at it before giving what I have hanging next to it a curious look. Which makes sense since those are the only things not cat-themed. Sort of.

"So what's with these?" She asks as she peers at them. "I don't know of anyone named 'Clause' or 'Cat-aclysm'. Are they some new up-and-coming hero?"

I hold back a dark chuckle. "Nope. They're on the other side of the law. Though people have been debating on whether or nyat they're a villain or a vigilante. I've seen them a few times, and I managed to get these autographs!"

Midnight frowns at the excitement in my tone, but shrugs it off. They probably saved her from someone, which is why she admires them. She thinks to herself as I continue.

"I'm one of the few who were lucky enya-gh to get her autograph before she changed her name to Cat-aclysm. And I have the original hoodie she used when she first started, also signed!"

At this point it's really hard not to laugh at how I'm basically fangirling over myself. But I have to keep up the appearance that I'm not her! Plus, it's really amusing to trick people like this~.

"That's pretty cool!" She smiles at me before it transitions into a smirk. "So, I figured that since you've been here a week, I would get you a housewarming gift. Hizashi helped me pick it out." Seeing my confusion, she clarifies. "Present Mic."

I shrug. "Cool. Thank you. What is it?" She didn't come in holding anything, so it's probably a good luck charm or something.

When she starts giggling and pulls out a small red bag proclaiming it has one ounce of catnip, my eyes widen. I start to smile as my tail rises and starts to twitch.