Ch 53 Sports Festival and Motivation

The classroom is filled with noise as everyone discusses how the news keeps talking about the USJ attack. Apparently they weren't as affected by Mineta's death as I thought, as they're excitedly talking about how strong All Might is for burying the Nomu. Though when Toru points out how I managed to fight them both it's just waved off by the class' terrorist.

"All the cat did was dodge. It's not like she did any real damage to either of them."

"I'm fairly certain that she shoved half of her hand into All Might's side after her armor was destroyed." Momo counters, causing a small smirk to appear. One that stretches into full-on smug at Uraraka's shiver.

"Not to mention all the blood she spilled from the bird guy. It was scary."

He scowls at both of them. "THOSE DON'T COUNT! THAT SHITTY BIRD JUST HEALED EVERYTHING SHE DID TO THEM, AND SHE SNEAK ATTACKED ALL MIGHT! SHE COULDN'T EVEN HURT THEM WHEN THEY WERE BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER!"

Now it's my turn to scowl. As much as I hate to admit it, he's right about that. I have no idea how the Nomu's regeneration worked, so if it somehow pulled air into its body to power its regeneration, I would have lost. Really, the only way I would have been able to beat it would have been an instant kill, but the nya thing had enough sense to stop me from clawing its brain.

Plus... "I'm a cat! Of course I'm a clawver hunter instead of a mindless scrapper like mew!"

"THE HELL YOU SAY TO ME CAT!?"

"QUIET! CLASS IS ABOUT TO BEGIN, SO EVERYONE PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEATS AND QUIET DOWN!"

Bakugou clicks his tongue at his robotic classmate but sits down all the same. An unhappy Aizawa means an unhappy day for us. Which reminds me...

I summon a fluffy defense cat and send it to his desk while Iida scowls at me, but he says nothing as he goes to his own. Everyone knows about our teacher's fondness for cats, and especially mine since they're soft and cute and require absolutely no maintenance~.

So when Aizawa comes into the room and sees the ball of floof on his desk, nobody is surprised when he picks it up with his non-damaged arm and cradles it in the nook of his elbow.

"I hope that all of you managed to relax somewhat, because your fight isn't over yet."

The panic that spreads through the classroom really puts a smile on my face~. Don't they know what time of the year it is? A glance shows that even Midorinya is showing signs of worry, which is ironic considering how he always made a big deal out of it at least a month in advance. Though I suppose it's understandable given the whole USJ thing.

Giving them all a glare that somehow manages to stop their panicking, he says in a serious tone, "The UA Sports Festival is about to start."

Immediately panic is replaced by excitement as Kirishima mimics our English teacher by shouting, "Yeah!". But it's curtailed pretty quickly when Jiro asks if it's a good idea considering the school was, y'know, attacked.

Aizawa gives the reason that the school wants to show that they've repelled the villains and to show that they aren't afraid, but I had an active spy cat in that meeting so I know the truth. They're actually hoping that there's another attack. They plan to increase the security to a frankly obscene degree in the hopes that they'll be able to catch anyone from either the LoV or the Cult. Apparently they're confident in stopping any attack they try before anything happens.

It's honestly not too bad of an idea -except for stopping the trouble before it becomes too noticeable- but I've made it clear to the Cult that they aren't allowed to pull anything during it. I've also asked Himiko to dissuade the League if they try anything, so I don't have any worries. At least as long as Shigaraki doesn't get impatient and does something stupid.