Ch 60 Aftermath

"Well now, that was quite informative." Nezu says with a happy clap of his paws. On the other side of his desk, I can't help but feel incredibly suspicious. The questions I was asked were... non-incriminating.

Whether the Cult had conducted any crimes that didn't involve helping kids (other than the USJ, no). A member count (which I have no idea about). Who the leader is (he accepted my refusal to answer that one). If I truly intended to become a hero (wouldn't be here if I wasn't!). And so on.

While I confirmed that the Cult is responsible for the absolute abandonment of crimes revolving around children in several prefectures, he was already aware of that. But he didn't ask for anything specific. No names, no bases, no plans.

Nothing that could be used to find out which have committed crimes and which only handle the charity aspects of the Cult. Nothing he could use to commit any arrests. Nothing that could help bring the Cult down.

It's thrown me off, but that's not the oddest part of the questions. Other than getting an update on how many cats I can summon and for how long, the only thing he asked was how often I spied on them with the cats I give to Mr. Aizawa.

Honestly though, I almost never do. I don't want a bunch of memories where I feel my teacher snuggling with me as a cat. The only exceptions are when I sleep and decide to possess them for a bit.

"Thank you for your cooperation, Miss Catia. I'll have a meeting with several heroes scheduled in three days for the raid, though if you have any suggestions...?"

I frown before shaking my head. "Nyo, but I should have more information tomorrow. Maybe a list of their strongest furces in two days."

Nezu hums while Mr. Aizawa raises an eyebrow. "Didn't you say that the cats you sent were already dismissed? If that's the case, how exactly are you going to get that intel?"

I shrug. "I already have someone infurtrating them. Should be inside by tonight, nya."

"Hmm. From the Cult?" Nezu asks, a thoughtful look on his face. I nod. "If that's the case... would they be interested in aiding in the raid?"

I feel like this is revenge for earlier, because now it's me and Mr. Aizawa being shocked instead of Nezu. "I can assure you that they will not be arrested after the raid is completed, though I would recommend that they don't stick around after the fact."

This entire conversation has been a trip. I may not be entirely sure about what's even going on anymore, but I do know that even Nezu can't make a claim like that. There's bound to be at least one hero in the entire raid who would try to arrest whichever of the Cult gets involved. Though I do know one person who wouldn't care so long as they get to fight...

"Purrhaps. I'll check with some people I knyow."

He nods and I take it as the dismissal it's meant to be. But as my hand rests on the handle, he speaks up once again. "Ah yes, I almost forgot. Catia Akihiro."

I tense once again. Really, I think I'll need a massage to get them loose again. I wonder if Tormew or Minya give good massages?

"I would like to know your own take on the ideals of the Hero Killer, Stain."

"Nya?" I turn and blink at him in surprise. Of all the things to ask... that came so far out of left field that it's not even from the same stadium. But I guess there's no harm in telling him what I think. It's just one girl's opinion, after all.

"They're naive and idealistic, mrow the dream of a kitten than an achievable goal." At his urging, I clarify. "Being a hero is a purrfession, just like a firefighter or a doctor. Some people join to help others, but a lot dream of the high salaries that come with it, nya."