Ch 67 The Big Three

I let out a yawn as I stretch, my fingers brushing against the scratcher that lines the bed frame before they curl. Popping my claws out, I let the soothing sensations of the material getting scratched fill me without opening my eyes. Only for my pleasant waking ritual to be interrupted by a chorus of 'aw's'.

My eyes shoot open as I flip from laying on my side to crouching on my bed, my arms held in a guard with my claws threatening whoever snuck into my room as I peer around with narrowed eyes.

Eyes that land on a trio of girls with disappointed looks on their faces, as well as some creepy guy standing in the corner and... "Tintin, nya?" My head tilts when I see the second guy in my room. He looks almost exactly like that old character that some studio tried to bring back. Apparently they thought since it was originally a pre-quirk era character no one would care if they reimagined him.

Too bad for them that Disney is as possessive as they are old. I don't know when they bought the rights for the character, but apparently they did. As that studio found out after finding a lawsuit in their mail one day.

All that doesn't explain why all these people are in my room though. But the grown up Tintin looks like he's just about done laughing from the fact that I called him Tintin, so maybe he can explain.

He wipes an imaginary tear from his eye as he lets out a final chuckle. "Hah. Man, I can see why Sir likes you! I'm guessing that prank at the start of the meeting was your idea? I've never seen him so happy before!"

I tilt my head to the other side as my ears twitch, ignoring the way the girls 'aw' at the action. "That was him meowppy?"

He nods with a wide smile. "Yep! Despite wanting people to laugh and smile as much as possible, he has some problems showing them himself. But he more than makes up for it by being awesome and being a great hero!"

He fist pumps at his own praise while I turn my attention to the other two people I'm not familiar with. Both were at the meeting for the raid, but now that they're out of their hero outfits I can see that they're third years. Just a step below pro it seems.

The question now is; why are they here?

"So what are all of mew doing here? I can sort of understand these two," I flick my tail to gesture at Minya and Tormew. "But not the three of mew."

The girl jumps forward with her arms held excitedly in front of her. "Well, we thought that, since you're kind of special -with Nezu's stamp of special approval!- that we'd introduce ourselves! Your first hero raid, even if you're cheating to participate and also kind of breaking the law for vigilantism, is a big step! Not even we've been on a raid before! Just 'in the moment' stuff!"

She taps her chin with a finger before seeming to realize something. "Oh yeah! And I also wanted to snuggle your cats since they're so cute. But you and that bed look super cuddly too! But your friends wouldn't let me hop in!" She pouts while glaring at my friends, who glare back.

""Snuggles are a reward! Not a privilege!"" Hearing the two speak in tandem I hold back a snicker. Ah, I told the two of them that the first time I caught them trying to sneak into my bed. Apparently, after the night where Minya needed comforting, the two took a liking to sleeping over. So I ended up telling them that group snuggles are restricted to once a week IF they were good and did well in class! Which ended up in them asking me for tutoring. Which is how I ended up turning my English lessons with Purrny into full on study sessions. Still fun though.

As cute as her pouting is, there's still the matter of the creepy guy, as well as introductions. "Well, I'm assuming that nya'll know I'm Catia, since you're here. Didn't cat-ch your names though." I blink. "Wait a minyate. Wasn't the raid supposed to be a secret, nya?"