1

TW: This chapter will have a few mentions of harassment. If you come across it, please skip it if you wish.

You're at work, in the hospital. You live alone and you don't really care about anything going on except for your basic survival needs. You work as a psychologist because you want to understand how a human brain works and how different people voice their thoughts. For the past 4 years, you still don't understand anything. How can people feel sad for another person? Guilt? Love? These questions circled around your mind. You were desperate for an answer to these questions.

Your mother always taught you, as a kid, to hide your emotions. She wanted you to be an independent and strong woman, in which you are now. You listened to her and hid your emotions from everyone. Nobody knew when you were sad, happy or angry. All you did, your whole life, was make sarcastic remarks every second. In the end, just turned out to be a sarcastic and arrogant girl. You never found that negative and you actually liked that about yourself. You're strong and smart. What would you hate yourself for? Not being smart enough to understand the human emotion despite being a really smart person. You just couldn't understand it at all.

"L/N." A faint male voiced called out to you but you ignored it and continued your train of thoughts.

The only time you ever opened up a little bit to someone was when you were in highschool. 12 years ago, when you were 14. A girl would always consider you her best friend and had a cheerful aura surrounding her. You didn't mind her but sometimes, she would get on your nerves when she would continuously ask you to go to the mall with her. But when you opened up to her, she immediately stopped being your friend for who knows what reason. Maybe it was-

"L/N!" The male voice was louder. This time, it woke you back to reality. You looked up to see a man ten years older than you. He handed you a bottle of water. This man is your boss, Akiteru Yamagō. He reminds you of a father. He always cares for you even when you least expect it and is rather friendly for a boss. He treats everybody as a friend and is always smiling.

"..Ah, thank you." You said politely, smiling to him. "What's up with you lately? You've definitely been out of it and spacing out more than usual. You're never like that! What's going on?" He asked you while taking a seat. You quickly came up with an excuse. "Oh, don't worry about me, I just didn't get enough sleep these past few days." You said with a small laugh, earning a sigh from him.

"If working hours are getting too stressful for you, just tell me. I will do the best I can to let you go home quicker!" He told you with a huge smile and a thumbs up. You nodded. You were jealous of him. You wanted to be as nice as him and as caring but you couldn't. You don't even know why you're jealous. You excused yourself to the bathroom to refresh your face a little bit.

You looked at your reflection for a few seconds. You proceeded to splash water on your face refresh yourself. It was 1:41 PM and you had 5 hours of work left. You sighed and left the bathroom.

You went back just to see that the lights went out and there's nobody there. There was almost 9 hours till the hospital hours close, though. It was weird especially because the hospital was very popular and too many people always came in one after another. Maybe the hospital closed earlier today but you never received a not that it would. You decided to call out if anyone was in the hospital right now. "Hello?" Your voice echoed and all you could hear was your own breathing and the sound of your heels clacking whenever you walked. It was peaceful. You kind of liked this. You were always annoyed of hearing the mixed chatter in between crowds in this hospital but you were still confused.