22

As you finally caught up with the man in the distance, you had a lingering feeling of wanting to cry and hug him. But, why? You've never experienced this feeling in your whole life. He made you discover the rest of the emotions that you were lacking. He made you feel sadness, he made you feel regret. He made you feel... love?

"Y/N?" The familiar voice called out.

It was him. It was Chishiya.

"Chishiya? That you?" You said in the distance, holding your wounded arm.

"Yeah," he replied, walking towards you. "So, you're alive?"

"No, I'm dead," you scoffed. "..Fucking hell. I missed you."

There was some sort of lump in your throat when you realized it was him. It was out of character for you to say "I missed you", but you really had to say it anyway because you truly missed him. Your tone was soft and quiet.. which is probably the aftermath of the King of Hearts game that you played. When you saw Chishiya again, you wanted to cry out of relief. Relief because he wasn't hurt. Relief because he wasn't dead. He was truly going to be the death of you one day, if you keep worrying like this.

His face had some sort of peace in it as a smug smile made it's way to his face. "..I missed you, too."

"You seem to have changed," you said, noticing the peaceful aura that sort of radiates off him.

"Well, I guess I have been through hell of a lot. I suppose it's the same for you?" He replied, staring at your wounded arm.

You hummed as you nodded. "Yeah..You could say that."

"What are you planning to do now?" He asked you as he helped bandaged your arm.

"I don't know.. maybe I'll go to the Jack of Hearts."

You knew the Jack of Hearts was going to be a terrible idea, seeing your state after you played the King of Hearts game. But there weren't many games left, and you were still getting hunted down by the King of Spades. You needed to find a way to not get shot down by him.

Chishiya hummed before finishing bandaging your arm. "Let's go together then."

You scoffed. "Seriously? You want us to kill each other?"

He smirked. "We won't have to kill each other if we play smart, right?"

You sighed in defeat. "Let's just go."

In truth, you were nervous regarding the Jack of Hearts game. You had no idea of what it could be, and you really didn't want to kill Chishiya right after meeting up with him again. But what do you know? Maybe if you really play smart, then neither of you would kill each other, right?

You walked together in a comfortable silence to the game arena of where the Jack of Hearts game would take place.

It was.. a jail place.

Chishiya stopped when you were about to enter the arena.

"Y/N," he said, making you hum and look at him, "if we actually do have to kill each other, then I want you to kill me."