15

Finally, you and Chishiya were at the main hall, behind Kuina. She noticed you and immediately jogged over, waving at you both.

"Hey!" She said as she was now in front of you, smiling.

You waved lazily before putting your hands back in your pockets. Now that you were going to leave, it seemed like time has stopped. You felt as if a huge war was over, but even though you hated how the power system works at the Beach, you knew you would miss it because of the food and working showers.

"Let's go," you said before walking towards the door that lead to the back exit.

As you were walking, you tugged and twisted on the bracelet that signified that you were a member of the Beach until you finally got it off.

"I guess it's finally time to get rid of this, huh?" Chishiya said, looking at you with his bracelet in his hand.

"Don't you guys feel sorry for him? Arisu, I mean," Kuina said, leaned against a lamppost as her arms were crossed and her brows were furrowed.

"Feel sorry?" You asked with a slight smirk as you turned towards her, Chishiya doing the same.

"Yeah," she replied, softly kicking the floor back and forth as she looked down, "I feel really bad."

In truth, you felt only the slightest bit sorry for him. You were convinced that he had too much of a good heart at nature and he was gullible and naive. Arisu is clever, but is also dumb. On the other hand, you knew Usagi wasn't as dumb as him. She had huge doubts about your plan, whereas Arisu only had small ones.

"..is there anything we can't do to survive?" Chishiya replied.

You nodded, agreeing with him. "It was his fault too. Even if he knew me the most, he shouldn't have trusted us so eagerly like that. Instead of feeling bad, let's just hope he learned something from this. But, if you're so worried about Arisu, you can go help him. We're not stopping you."

Kuina didn't reply. All she did was look down and furrow her brows in guilt.

You turned back around and prepared to get out, until noticing something was off. You looked around the exit and noticed red lines. Your eyes widened once you realized what could be going on.

"Don't tell me..." you heard Chishiya say, his eyes scanning the exit.

Kuina walked over, about to go through the exit.

"Stop right there!" Chishiya quickly said, making Kuina abruptly stop in her tracks.

All three of you backed up and Chishiya took the initiative to throw his bracelet through the exit to see what would happen. When you saw how a laser beam immediately shot the bracelet, your suspicions were confirmed.

"We're.. in a game arena," you said, still surprised even though you suspected this to happen when you saw the red lines across the exit, "this is getting interesting."

Kuina stepped forward again to scan the exit up close and saw red lines. "Seriously?"

You, Kuina and Chishiya turned around to look at the utopia and noticed red lines forming around the place.