16

"Oh, hold on," you said, "did you pick up the cards?"

"Not yet."

You rolled your eyes and turned back to pick up the cards, Chishiya doing the same. You and Chishiya crouched down and picked up the cards one by one until you finally gathered them all again. You gave him all the cards you picked up. He took them and put them in his pockets.

After making sure you've collected all the cards he threw up in the air, you and him turned around one again to leave in search for Kuina.

"Who do you think is the witch?" You asked him as you were both walking side by side.

"Who knows?" He responded, "who do you think it is?"

"If the militants have killed so many people but haven't found the witch, it's either.." you said, "okay, this might sound stupid, but, it's either one of the militants or.. Momoka herself."

"That's possible."

"You think so?" You replied, smirking.

"Of course. After all, most of these games really make us feel like idiots once we finally crack the code."

You hummed, agreeing with him. After he said that, you suspected Momoka to actually be the witch. You noticed there was more smoke that filled the air. As you looked through the window outside, you saw militants carrying dead bodies into the Fire of Judgement.

"So this is the goal of a Hearts game," you mumbled to yourself and smirked slightly.

"..Hold on." You said, stopping in your tracks. Chishiya also stopped in his tracks and looked at you with his hands in his pockets.

"If the witch is hiding among the players," you said, "then, that must mean that they are the ones who organized the game, right?" You asked him, staring at him with your eyes slightly widened.

He nodded, trying to understand what you were trying to say and approached you.

"Then, that person.." you said, biting your nails, "that person is just like those horse-masked people from the tag game! Give me the paper that had the endless scribbles," you demanded, handing out your hand to him.

His eyes widened by the slightest. He nodded as if he understood what you were trying to say and gave you the paper after fumbling through his pockets.

You held the paper in your hands and looked closely. "This is a map to somewhere, but we need to figure out where exactly," you said.

"How do you know it's a map?" He asked you, going behind you to look at the paper.

"Just think about it. You're a smart guy," you said, pointing at the lines that were drawn on the map.

He scanned the paper for a few seconds until he finally realized. "This.."

"This seems like it's the subway that I went to before I discovered about the beach," he said, grasping the paper.

"Let's search it after we get out of here," you replied. You both nodded at each other before he headed to the lobby and you followed him.