26

With each round that passed, the tension would rise and the atmosphere would darken. There weren't many players left; only about 12 players standing, and that was because of Urumi. Urumi was like a dictator in your eyes. Her group would always follow up with her lies to not make her against them. She was.. interesting, to say the least.

Did you finally find him out? You weren't sure, but you knew that Enji had some sort of bond with Kotoko to be initiating such a well-thought strategy with her, knowing how attached she seems to be with Yaba. There was definitely something going on between Kotoko and Enji, so you had to keep a close eye on them and analyze their every move.

Sitting in the cafeteria once again, you were drinking water as you listened to Urumi's group exchanging their signs. Chishiya looked like he was in a trance of his thoughts after the conversation you had a few moments ago.

"Y/N." He called. You hummed, staring at him.

"Are you implying that Enji is the Jack of Hearts?"

You smiled and shrugged before placing your head on his shoulder. "Dunno. Maybe? We'd have to keep an eye on him and Kotoko."

He didn't seem to kind the fact that you placed your head on his shoulder, which surprised you a little bit, but you kept yourself in place. He really seemed like a guy who would reject all physical touch, but seemed to have some sort of 'exception' for you, which interested you.

He hummed in response, still snacking on his cookies. For a moment, he tensed upon feeling the weight of your head on his shoulder but quickly regained his composure.

Ippei came back to you after discovering his symbol with the group. You motioned him to come closer, to which he did, and turned around. You removed yourself from Chishiya's shoulder and inched your face closer to the back of Ippei's neck.

Chishiya scooted closer to you, making your feet touch. He stuck his shoulder to yours and you could literally hear him breathing.

"You're a Spade," you said, patting Ippei's shoulders with both your hands. He smiled cheerfully at you and bowed.

"Thank you very much!"

You smiled back and watched him leave to the snack section before turning towards Chishiya.

"You've been acting weird. What's wrong?" You asked, resting your head on his shoulder once again.

He stood silent for a few seconds. "..I don't know."

You hummed. "That's normal. Sometimes I don't know why I start acting weird either."

He let out a light chuckle before staying silent for another couple of seconds. "You're the reason why I'm acting so weird."

You hummed once again before smiling at him. "Oh, really? Enlighten me."

"Whenever you're not around, I feel bored and... I don't know, sad?" He said, placing his hands inside his pockets, "but now that you're here, I feel protective of you. It's weird and embarrassing."

Your chest tightened; but it wasn't a negative feeling. Your stomach was overcome was butterflies fluttering inside it, and your eyes widened by the slightest. Was it really the true Chishiya who spoke those very words in front of you? You couldn't believe it— not one bit.