36

Little A/N (please please read):
Hellooo 😊 I'm sorry for the amount of A/Ns lately. I'm sure you're all annoyed, but please bare with me haha 💕
I'm very thankful for you guys reading and commenting on the chapters that I have posted up until now. Thank you very much! 💕
BUT!!.. some of you forget to vote, which, don't get me wrong, is not a very 'deep' thing, but I would very much like it if you voted. It just shows me that you've read and enjoyed the chapter. I'm very sorry for the request, you are not forced to do it but it would be very VERY appreciated on my behalf !! Alsoo, I do read every single comment, but I don't always respond. You can contact me VIA the conversation wall on my profile, I will 100% respond! Sorry for such a long A/N. Thank you, and happy reading!!

-Author, niijirolvr. *BOINK!* 💕

There is not a single motive that is fully pure. Nobody has a pure motive. For example, even the most beautiful, or even the seemingly harmless flowers may be the most toxic ones. There is not a single pure soul out in this universe, as everyone and everything will have one or more malicious intentions hidden behind the innocent facade they hold. In the end, they exist solely to deceive you and bring you to an endless loop of disheartenment.

You continuously flicked and flipped a chip, creating endless clicking sounds as you waited for your turn to start in the current round. You couldn't believe that a memory with Niragi would help you in some way, knowing how much you hated him now.

"Hey." The unhinged man called out, looking at your direction. He seemed to be quite pissed off.

You hummed, continuing to flip the chip in-between your fingers.

"That's fuckin' annoying." He was referring to you tapping on the table and flipping the chip. "I can't concentrate, goddamn it!" He semi-yelled, gritting his teeth.

"Too bad." You replied curtly. "It is not against the rules. So I can do it if I want to. Just learn to ignore it, I don't know what to tell you." You continued to flip the chip.

He clicked his tongue, staring at you with an intense and infuriated look in his eyes. "Fucking brat!"

You smiled mockingly at him in response.

For the next few minutes, the room was only filled with the sound of cards flipping, getting slid across the table, and chips colliding against each other. It was a dead silence, except for the series of the words 'hit, stand, bust'. As the matches continued, you stared intently at the cards, as if you were calculating them. Finally, the dealer has changed to the unhinged man, and he stood there, looking at the new amount of chips you had, his lips parted and his eyes widened.

"Wh.. How the hell.." He slammed the table. "How the hell are you going up in chips?!"

"Cheating?" The elderly woman suggested, letting out a puff of smoke after smoking a cigarette.

"No." You denied. "Card counting, I guess." You said nonchalantly, staring at your 136 chips.

FLASHBACK

"In blackjack, the dealer has a high chance of a bust if there are many 9, 10 and A cards in the deck and it's the non-dealer's disadvantage." Suguru said, showing you a board.

You hummed, staring at the board intently.

"If there are many 2 to 8 cards remaining, then it's the dealer's advantage." He explained briefly. "Did you understand all of that?"