17

Chishiya lead you and Kuina to the subway. The walk was silent. All you could hear was crickets and your heels thumping with each step you took as you walked to the subway with Chishiya and Kuina to confirm if the scribbles on the paper formed a complex map. It was dark and all you had was a small flashlight.

Chishiya stopped in front of an eerie and dark metro. You noticed a map and shined your flashlight on it to get a clearer view of it.

"Hey, Chishiya, isn't this a more detailed version of the paper you have?" you asked, scanning the map of the subway.

He took out the paper and approached the subway map to compare the two and hummed. "Yeah, I think it is."

"Huh!? So that scribbled up paper was a map?" Kuina said, scoffing as she inched her face closer to the subway map to get a better look at it.

"Give me the flashlight," Chishiya said to you.

You obliged, giving him your flashlight.

"Are you sure we should go?" Kuina said reluctantly.

"Of course we have to go. If you don't want to go, then stay here and wait for us," you replied, "this has to be some sort of base if a game dealer was keeping that paper."

Kuina didn't respond and instead she sighed. You all walked on the trail rails as Chishiya waved around the flashlight, looking for some sort of door as he looked at the paper to direct himself.

"Ah, it's there," he said, shining the flashlight onto a door next to an electricity generator as he looked up from the paper in his hand.

"..The door is already open. Let's go in," you whispered, slowly opening the door. You took your dagger out to prepare for any sort of attack.

But instead, you were met with a room full of cameras and computers that were turned off. There were people sitting, resting themselves on the table and some were laid down on the floor, their bodies limp. Chishiya shined the flashlight on the people's faces, and you saw a hole on their chins, their mouths agape and their eyes rolled to the back of their head.

"Seriously?" Kuina muttered, walking around.

"Aha," you said, smiling sarcastically as you scanned a dead person's head and paperwork, "so this is what a dealer does?"

You rummaged through the desks and looked back up to the cameras that were stuck to the walls. "You think these things are to capture the footage of everyone's games?"

Chishiya smirked and nodded. "That would be very possible," he replied before shining the flashlight to the other side of the room, revealing a door.

You three looked through the door and were surprised to see Arisu and Usagi.

"You actually found this place," Chishiya said, making Arisu flinch and shine his flashlight around for his presence.

After he said his sentence, you, Kuina and Chishiya went through the door.

"As expected from someone I have high hopes for," Chishiya continued.

"We meet again," Kuina said, walking around.

"Hey!" You said nonchalantly, waving and smiling.