32

You stared at the Jack of Hearts blimp crashing down before your eyes, sending flames flying everywhere. It collapsed onto the game arena, making it burn to a crisp. You stared, unfazed, standing next to Chishiya, who was also staring at it with no sign of fear visible on his face. Upon the last explosion that came from the blimp, Chishiya flinched jokingly before humming and continuing to walk.

His question before you got out of the game arena made you hum in thought. Should you go with him to the King of Diamonds? Sure, you were incredibly smart, and that was no doubt, but you had already planned to go to the Jack of Diamonds after the Jack of Hearts game. You figured you'd wait for Chishiya outside while he plays the game.

"I don't think I want to go." You finally replied, staring into his feline eyes.

He hummed. "Why is that?"

"I just feel like I should go to the Jack of Diamonds game for us to clear all the games quicker. I think it's more efficient." You explained. "Don't worry— It's not that I don't want to be with you. I just don't think it's a good idea for me to go, since I feel like I've been a little bit clingy lately."

"Clingy?" He said, amused. "No, I think that's cute."

You scoffed, nudging his arm. "Shut up."

He smirked, raising his hands up in defence. "Okay, okay." He set his arms down. "I think that's a good idea, though. For you playing the Jack of Diamonds game. I think you'd do well."

"I think so too." You replied, smiling. "Let's start heading to the King of Diamonds."

He nodded, staring into the distance in search for the King of Diamonds blimp. "Oh. Is that it?" He pointed towards the blimp.

You hummed. "Yeah." You started walking towards it with a somewhat heavy heart. "I'll wait for you outside the game arena."

Chishiya paused and looked confused. "The King of Spades is still lurking, though. You're going to get shot."

"True," you hummed, "but I don't want to get separated from you like how we got separated from Kuina and the others. I'll just hide somewhere."

Reluctantly, he nodded and continued walking.

With each step you took, you got even more nervous as you were starting to approach the King of Diamonds game arena more and more. You let out a small sigh, trying to calm down your racing thoughts. As much as you didn't want to let him go on his own, you knew you had to, for everyone else's sake. Who knows? Maybe you really will be able to return to the original world when you finish all the games.

"Y/N, you're nervous." Chishiya said with a calm voice, staring at your tense shoulders.

"I mean...it's not my fault. I don't know if you'll die or not." You replied after a few seconds of silence, sighing.

He hummed. "We made a deal." He spoke in a somewhat nonchalant tone. "You're not dying on me, and I'm not dying on you. We sealed that deal off."

"...Yeah." You replied, nodding. "Yeah. That's true. You're not dying on me." You spoke with a slightly relieved tone.

"Exactly." Chishiya nodded. "Y/N," he called out, making you hum and turn your head towards him.

"You're really interesting. You know that, right?" He asked. He had some sort of smile on his face. It wasn't a smirk. It didn't have anything negative behind it. It was just..a small smile, which was rare to see on his face.

"..That was random. What are you trying to tell me?" You asked, confused by his sudden 'compliment'.

"Well, I just remembered when you bit that guy's flesh off his neck a few weeks ago." He said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah?" You hummed. "What are you bringing that into the conversation for?"

You realized that you finished your lollipop, but decided to keep the stick in your mouth so that you don't get bored in some way.

"You're smart and fearless. That's what I like about you. Maybe you do some reckless things, but that's what makes you cute. I like the way you think things over, and how you're always right." He continued.

You scoffed, smiling to him as if he were joking. "You're saying some pretty dumb things right now." You nudged his arm gently.

"I know. But it's true." He hummed. "I like almost everything about you."

You chuckled. "Where is this coming from?" You asked, scratching the back of your neck. "You really confuse me sometimes."

He chuckled before you both stopped in your tracks to see the game arena in which the King of Diamonds game will take place in. You sighed, staring at the blimp which was right above the large building. You read the sign in front of the game arena which said:

"SUPREME COURT".

"Supreme Court?" You hummed, staring at the sign. "..Lawyers?"

"Maybe. Who knows?" Chishiya hummed, shrugging.

You stared at the sign for a few more seconds before turning towards him. "You should get going now."

He nodded, beginning to walk inside, before pausing because you grabbed his sleeve. He turned to stare at you with a quizzical look on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, meeting your gaze and staring into your eyes.

You looked down and let out a shaky sigh before looking back up at him with a determined look on your face.

"Don't die, Chishiya." You said. "I don't know what I'd do if you died. Stay alive."

He paused, looking flabbergasted. A small, quiet chuckle escaped his mouth before he nodded. "Trust me, I won't. Not when I have you around."

Finally, you hesitantly let go, waving goodbye to him as he walked towards the inside of the Supreme Court. You stared into the back of his head as his figure progressively turned smaller and smaller, slowly disappearing into the horizon to play the King of Diamonds game. Once his figure disappeared from your sight, your mind immediately started racing.

"He'll survive, right? He'll definitely survive. He's not dumb. He wouldn't die on me." You kept on thinking to yourself, biting your bottom lip as you did so. You nervously started picking on the skin near your fingernails and tapped your foot.

"He better return quick." You muttered to yourself.