49

Finally, your parents left the hospital. It was weird. For the whole time when you were on the bed, you felt as if you were victorious of a huge battle. You found comfort and some sort of peace in it, though slightly unsettled. Many sounds in the world are more deafening than words after all.. maybe it's your own mind speaking to you. Or perhaps it's a warning— we'll never know.

The blonde man chuckled. "That's funny. I also have a meeting with someone important once I get dispatched."

A hum escaped your lips. "Well, I hope that meeting goes well for you."

He smiled. "Thank you. Yours as well."

You smiled and nodded, "I never got your name."

"Oh, I'm Shuntaro Chishiya. What's yours?"

His name.. It definitely rang a bell. For some reason, you felt deja vu at this very moment, though you had to remain calm as it was probably just a random thought, or even a delusion.

"Mine is L/N Y/N," you gave him a small smile and a nod of your head, signifying a small bow.

You could swear that you saw his eyes flicker for a moment right as you said your name. He stood silent for a moment before speaking again.

He mumbled something to himself, "Your name.."

You tilted your head slightly, encouraging an elaboration from him.

"Oh.. sorry. It sounds really familiar for some reason."

You let out a hum. "Well, your name also rings a bell to me. But I just can't fathom where or how I've ever met you."

He nodded, "The same goes for me."

"I must have experienced memory loss due to the impact of the meteor then, huh?" You chuckled to yourself.

"I must have, aswell." He chuckled in his turn.

"Oh," you heard him break the silence that followed for a few seconds later, "I can't help but notice that we're very much alike."

"I don't think I understand," you replied, eyes on him.

"Your personality seems similar to mine. And how you feel after waking up from the impact of the meteor..."

You let out a chuckle, "Yeah. I guess we could be alike. When do you get dispatched?"

"Tomorrow."

"Oh? Me too."

"Will you be going to your meeting immediately right after?"

"Yeah."

He let out a hum. "Me too. Good luck."

You let out a small laugh. "A lot of coincidences today, huh?"

He gave you a soft smile and nodded.

"Lucky bastards. I get dispatched in two weeks," the man covered in bandages grumbled.

"I mean, it would make sense," you replied, "your wounds are far worse than ours."

You let out a sigh, unable to decipher this lingering feeling of deja vu.