11

"Y/N, wake up," Kuina said as she walked into your room and opened the curtains, revealing the blinding light of the sun.

You almost immediately sat up once she called you. "Do you need me for anything?", you asked, your voice raspy as you rubbed your face.

"Well," she said, looking outside, "I overheard Hatter last night, talking to the militants," she said as she fiddled with her fake cigarette, "he said that he has a special interest on you. The militants said something similar too, so be careful around them. We don't know what they're capable of," she said, looking at you with worry in her eyes.

You scoffed as you got up and stretched. "They wont do anything to me. I'll make sure of it."

In truth, you weren't sure what they would do to you. Kuina was right. Nobody knows what they're capable of. They could torture you or kill you, and you wouldn't even know how they'd do it. The militants always have a rough way of dealing things. If they don't get their way, they force it until Hatter comes and intervenes.

Kuina smiled and nodded at you before you went to go to the bathroom to take a shower and brush your teeth.

You got out, hair dripping wet with each step you took. You saw Chishiya leaning against the wall next to Kuina. He looked back at you and took one hand out his pocket to wave at you lazily. "Hatter's favorite is here, huh?" He said, teasing you as he smirked.

You rolled your eyes before realizing something. "Hold on. If he has taken a "special liking" towards me, that means he's willing to trust me more, right?" You said, toning your voice down as you approached them.

"Ah!", Kuina caught on, "that's true! That means that you can get the cards easier!" She exclaimed in a low tone to not attract attention outside.

"If Hatter has a special liking towards you, he would definitely trust you more. That would mean that he would personally not have you on his suspicions, but the militants might be more wary of each move you make.."

Chishiya smirked and nodded, acknowledging Kuina's point. "We, especially Y/N, have to be wary of them."

You nodded before turning your head towards the window. Your eyes darted at a certain scruffy-haired boy outside. You hummed, interested in what he's doing.

Chishiya walked next to you, looking out the window and following your eyes to see what you were looking at.

"What's going on?" Kuina said, also going next to you.

You leaned your body against the window, an amused smirk plastered on your face. "He's asking around for clues."

Kuina followed your eyes until her eyes landed on Arisu. She hummed as she saw him talking to random groups of people. "Should we go outside?" She asked, taking out the fake cigarette from her mouth.

You looked at Chishiya, and he returned your gaze. He nodded before looking away.

"Yeah. But let's not get too close to Arisu," you said, unsticking yourself from your window, exiting your room.

You walked throughout the halls, your heels making faint thumping noises as you walked on the carpet covering the floors. Kuina was right next to you and Chishiya was behind you, trailing his feet as his hands were in his pockets.