28

A new relationship bloomed..a new relationship between you and Chishiya. You don't know how this would work out, but you have faith. Now that you are in a relationship, you need to protect him at all costs, given the fact that he is now suddenly way more important to you. Is this love? Every time you see him, your heart flutters and you always have the urge to smile. Now, your whole goal is to protect him. If you fail to to do that job, then..whats the point in living?

Chishiya smiled a bit. He...smiled. He didn't smirk, he didn't have any hint of cockiness, his smile was not sneering. "Alright then." His voice was peaceful with no emotion behind... except for a small hint of happiness. He tightened his hand around yours and pulled you closer.

"I find it kind of funny that we had to come together in a relationship just now in a game," you remarked and smiled as you stared at the ceiling, "but I guess it'll work out."

"I hope so." He let out a small sigh. "..I've never felt this way about anyone before."

You hummed and placed your head on his shoulder gently, still holding his hand. "I have never felt this way around anyone either. But, in a way, I'm glad that who I fell in love with is you."

"Yeah," he said, "me too."

After a few seconds of silence, you decided to speak up again. "Chishiya."

He hummed and turned his head to meet your gaze.

"What made you fall in love with me?" You asked. Your question caught him off-guard, and it was slightly visible from the look of his face; he blinked twice and his head jolted by the slightest. He paused for a few seconds, probably to think.

"You're pretty."

You raised an eyebrow, making him smirk in amusement at your face.

"You're similar to me in a lot of ways. We're practically the same, but you're a lot nicer. I like the way you think. You're smart and funny. I find it cute whenever you bite your lower lip when you think. Your aura is calm and that's what I like in a person. I think you're perfect," he started rambling after a second or two.

Stunned. You were stunned. The way he spoke so quickly made butterflies flutter inside your stomach. You felt some kind of heat wash up to your face, making you quickly put a hand to cover your mouth and cheeks. "..Tell me my symbol."

He chuckled at your reaction and let go of your hand to brush your hair aside, revealing the back of your collar. "Diamond."

You nodded turned around, brushing his hair aside. "Spade."

Ippei came in and sat down gloomily, staring at Urumi's group who sat down awkwardly. You stared at them and noticed the heavy tension. Urumi, however, was smiling. Ippei decided not to look anymore and hung his head low, staring at the ground. The man in a blue shirt was fidgety as he noticed everyone at the table was staring at him. You pat Ippei's back softly and soothingly.

"You're a Heart. Don't give up, Ippei."

He nodded in response, not saying a word.

"Okay!" Urumi said cheerfully, "let's start with my symbol, okay?" She smiled and turned around.

"S-Spade. You're a spade," the man in a blue shirt said. Everyone agreed.