43

Those who disguise themselves as pure beings never seem to care or even realize that sinful blood flows through their veins. Not even the most holy beings could escape sinful thoughts, as the body controls itself in most cases. The lingering feeling of hate, lust, envy and greed resides within every human body— pure or not, it is simply how humanity is; a bundle of sin, a corrupted story, a luck-based adventure.
Or, you could even think of it as a game.

Arisu flinched as he heard the loud gunshot, immediately turning around to meet Niragi's piercing gaze.

"Taro," you whispered, unsure if he would understand you, "run."

The cat looked confused, until you pushed it towards a bush.

"Go!" You whispered once again as you pushed it, making it run.

"Niragi..!" Arisu spat with venom and armed himself with his shotgun, though he looked extremely hesitant to shoot.

"You purposefully missed a vital organ, didn't you?" You asked and grunted as you got up with the help of Chishiya, who did his best to stop the bleeding, but in vain.

You let out a sarcastic laugh as your gaze landed upon Niragi. "You look like a walking corpse! I wonder what happened?"

"I didn't want to end things with a surprise blow!" Niragi yelled. "So let's begin the new killing game."

He slowly walked towards you. "Not like there's anything else for the four of us to do here."

"You want to start a game between players?" Chishiya asked.

You laughed once more. "What a joke."

"The four of us are the same, are we not? Social outcasts, losers, yet we still want to know what it feels to be alive more than anyone else." Niragi glared at you before coughing up blood.

"Okay, maybe you guys, but not me." You retorted, removing your hand from your wound.

"I don't have much time left, so do me one last favor. I thought you guys were my bros!" He yelled, throwing you and Chishiya a gun.

You picked up the gun with a mocking smile on your face as you checked the bullets. You were running fully on adrenaline now, making your wound feel numb.

"Fine." You said, in a somewhat sinister tone.

Chishiya placed a hand on your shoulder, leaning close to your ear. "Stay out of this, I can handle—"

"No." You interrupted him and shook your head. "It might be me and Niragi's last time seeing each other, so I want to have some fun while it lasts."

Hesitantly, he nodded and let go of your shoulder after uttering a few last words. "Don't overdo it.. I don't want you dying on me."

You removed your jacket and threw it, with the intention of making it land to the ground, but Chishiya caught it before it could.

Chishiya picked up his gun after and stared at Niragi with a condescending look in his eyes. "Sounds like fun."

He turned to Arisu, meeting his gaze. "Arisu, what do you think?"