23

The point of the game was probably to test how far a person would go in order to survive— even at the cost of someone else's life. But that's only natural and expected for a Hearts game. Any kind of Hearts game will kill off any type of bond that has been made, because of the trust issues and paranoia. If you were to be honest, it intrigued you. You wanted to learn more about these Hearts games, because of how psychological they were, despite how miserable you felt after that King of Hearts game.

As you left your cell, your eyes roamed around in search for Chishiya, glancing at each and every one of the cells until your eyes finally landed on his figure that was walking towards you with his hands in his pockets. Even though you knew he would survive, you couldn't help but feel a wave of relief wash over you as you walked towards him, followed by Ippei who scrambled towards you.

"Wow~" Urumi said in a cheerful tone, stretching and giggling, "that was so easy!"

Her group immediately reformed and let out small breaths of relief as they circled around Urumi as if she were some sort of goddess.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so relieved." "Thank God.", and so on. Some even started crying tears of relief.

You, Chishiya and Ippei walked towards the central guardroom before hearing a buzz that resonated throughout the whole prison.

ROUND TWO BEGINS NOW.

Your collar started shuffling before sending a melodious ring, indicating that it found a new symbol.

As you leaned against the wall, standing not too far from Urumi's group, you could hear them thanking each other for being honest and not killing anyone off. You noticed that you weren't standing far from Banda and the emo guy either.

"..I keep wondering how long this is going to go on for," the emo guy with bangs said to Banda.

They weren't far away at all, so you could hear them pretty well. You tilted your head, interested in their conversation.

"Either the Jack will start to kill, or someone who's afraid of the Jack will start to kill. Until either or both of those things happen, this game will never end," Banda replied, staring at nothing as he was sitting down, resting his back against the wall.

"Exactly," Chishiya said, listening in Banda and the emo guy's conversation. You smiled mockingly to yourself, not surprised by him listening to their conversation.

Ippei looked hesitant to start speaking before picking up an optimistic and enthusiastic smile. "..As long as we keep being honest with each other, we'll be all right!"

You hummed and smiled, surprised by how cheerful he is despite the game he found himself in. "That's debatable."

Ippei's smile faded slightly, concerned by how pessimistic you were being.

"What the fuck?" A man roared, stopping all the chattering and turning all the attention towards him.

You turned your head towards the sound and saw a coward getting thrown onto the ground in front of Banda. You blinked twice, intrigued by the scene unfolding in front of you.

"I told you to give me the answer!" All eyes were on the bald man who kept on yelling at the poor coward who got thrown by him. Banda suddenly got up and made his way towards the man on the ground before placing a hand on his shoulder, his lips curled upwards into some sort of smile.