2

"Instead of telling it out right, why don't we all just backtrack a little bit. To say, when I moved in to Lotus Pier. So, ask your questions," Wei Wuxian said as he knelt down and closed A'Yuan's eyes, "I love you, A'Yuan. I will get Justice for you."

"How are we to know what to ask?" Sect Leader Yao asked.

Jiang Wanyin stepped up, "are you actually afraid of dogs? And why?"

"I am, and that is because I was living alone on the streets for a few years after my parents died. I don't necessarily know how long I lived on the streets, but I often fought with wild dogs for food. I would get bit or chased. So when Jiang Fengmian got rid of your dogs, it was not my fault. He just thought it was for the best so I felt more comfortable living in Lotus Pier. That was when you made me sleep outside because you were so pissed off at me for it. You even scared me away, and I broke my leg because of that," Wei Wuxian explained.

Jiang Wanyin hunched over in a bit of pain, "I guess it's the truth," he said.

"Speaking of, where is Shijie, she should probably know everything," Wei Wuxian said.

"We will continue this at Lanling," Jin Guangshan stated.

"And if I refuse to go there?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Then come to Gusu," Wangji said, "you will be safe with me. No one will dare harm you for being my husband. If they do or try, they can have a taste of Bichen. We can also bury A'Yuan with a proper ceremony...maybe give him a name."

Wei Wuxian nodded, "only if I can live with you only," he said.

"Wei Wuxian will live under Wangji's custody through this trial," Lan Xichen said.

That was when Lan Wangji picked up A'Yuan and pulled Wei Wuxian close before hopping on Bichen and flew off. The two immediately when to the ancestral site and buried A'Yuan. Wei Wuxian was so hurt, being the one who birthed him, he was so attached to that little by.

"He's gone," Wuxian cried and hugged in on himself, "and it's my fault."

"Not your fault. You didn't shoot the arrows," Wangji told him.

"He'd be alive if I let him go with you," Wuxian said.

"As I said, we will avenge him," Wangji said, "we should get you to the main hall."

Wei Wuxian nodded and followed Lan Wangji to the main hall. There they had a spot in the center for Wei Wuxian to sit, but Lan Wangji also sat with him. Strangely, no one gave Lan Wangji any serum and he and Wei Wuxian were going to keep it that way. Then, he saw Jiang Yanli sitting with a small baby in her arms. She was wearing all white, as she was mourning the death of her husband. She also did not have the serum.

"Why were you punished so often in Lotus Pier?" Lan Qiren asked.

Wei Wuxian was actually waiting for this kind of question, "when I first moved in, I tried all I could to get on Yu Ziyuan's good side, but right away, she hated me because of both of my parents. She accused Jiang Fengmian of being my father. I found it as in insult to my real parents. A lot of times, when I was punished it was for small reasons. The first time I was punished, was the day I developed my golden core.

Madam Yu was so angry that I gained my golden core before her son. So, she wanted me to know what it's like for a servant's son to get ahead. She used Zidian on me for the first time. I got whipped three times with it. The next time I was punished, was when Jiang Cheng almost drowned from us going swimming. He got dragged down by a water ghoul and I managed to save him. Madam Yu thought it would be nice to have me know what it's like to nearly drown, so she held me under water until I almost passed out.

No matter what, I was the one who got punished if Maiden Jiang Yanli or Sect Leader Jiang Wanyin did something wrong. They got yelled at, I received the punishment. Is that what you wanted to here, Grandmaster Lan? How unruly I am?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Lan Wangji gripped his hold on Wei Wuxian's waist. He did not know any of this. He was learning so much about Wei Wuxian. He actually realized, he fell in love with a man he barely knew. He knew him a bit for the good that he has done, but he never knew Wei Wuxian's background.

Everyone in the room groaned again in pain. They all thought Wei Wuxian was just an unruly and ungrateful brat, but hearing he didn't actually cause much trouble personally, and just received the punishment for someone else, they had wronged him once more. Jiang Yanli was already in tears for her husband, but she worried for Wei Wuxian. Hearing his suffering, she knew that it was more than likely true. She knew her mother hated Wei Wuxian. She wasn't strong enough to protect Wei Wuxian from her.

Jiang Wanyin already started having a small bit of guilt. He began to wonder how many times he took the punishments for him and how much he hid it all. When Wei Wuxian he gave up more than anyone, he was just now starting to understand, but he didn't even know the half of it all.

"What happened the first night you arrived here?" Lan Xichen asked.

Wei Wuxian smirked, "I fell in love."

Lan Wangji's lips curved into a smile, "me too," he admitted.

It was really all Wei Wuxian had to say for Lan Xichen to understand. Though, it was an answer that didn't really require any form of backlash.

"Why don't you tell us what happened to have you stop using your sword," Jin Guangyao stated.

"Very well, you are all going to be in a lot of pain," Wei Wuxian warned. Everyone then, had a concerned look on their faces.