9

Lan Wangji took Wei Wuxian to their room immediately after arriving to their home. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian had a permanent privacy charm placed on their room, as they just felt like placing it so they could be as loud as they wanted when they wanted. Lan Wangji placed Wuxian on the bed and put their swords away. When he turned back to Wei Wuxian, he could see the tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Wei Ying, do you wish to talk?" Wangji asked.

"I cannot take much more of this," Wei Wuxian told him.

"What?" Wangji asked as he sat beside him.

"I am so tired Lan Zhan, I'm so very tired," Wei Wuxian said as Lan Wangji pulled him to his lap, "I am tired of losing people and tearing people apart."

"You need to stop blaming yourself for everything," Wangji told him.

"I can't, no matter what I do, people will always point fingers at me, or blame me. I can't DO THIS!" Wei Wuxian sobbed, "I'm tired of people saying I'm such a terrible person!"

"Wei Ying, I love you, and I know the real you," Wangji told him, "we knew that there was a possibility that they wouldn't believe us. We need more evidence to prove it."

"I just want to get Wen Qing out and safe," Wuxian said, "I want this pain to go away!"

"I know," Wangji said, "but it's going to take time."

Wei Wuxian let out another sob and moved his face into Wangji's neck. Lan Wangji just wanted to hold him all night. It's all he wanted but the two were interrupted by a knock.

Lan Wangji helped lay Wei Wuxian down before he went to get the door, "Wen Ning," he greeted.

"There is someone at the front gate," He said.

"Stay with Wei Ying," Wangji said, "I'll be back shortly."

Wen Ning nodded and sat down beside Wei Wuxian. Lan Wangji left and went to the front gate. Lan Xichen was standing there waiting for him.

"Why did you actually come here?" Wangji asked.

"To see you, you said that this is where you were," Xichen answered.

Lan Wangji didn't know what to say, he had so many mixed feelings and messages about his brother right now, "Xiongzhang, what is it you want? I have things to do."

"Wangji, you know me. You know how much I care about you," Xichen told him.

"Do I?" Wangji asked, "let me explain this to you. You have always been the one person who has had my back. When Wei Ying was going through his issues, you started to think like everyone else. You even go as far as believing someone else over your own blood. You were there when my son died, and you just watched it happen. He was just a little toddler and you let him get shot!

You even go as far as think that Wei Ying was corrupting me. Which I have no idea where you got that idea...but maybe you got it from your lover Jin Guangyao! You disappoint me more and more Xichen! I loved you, and you betrayed me. You let me down more than anyone! You've always known how important Wei Ying is to me, and you still did what you did. Now you come here expecting me to even consider thinking you want to hear us out?"

Lan Xichen has never seen his brother so angry, and he knew it had nothing to do with the resentful energy that Wei Wuxian was teaching him to use. Lan Xichen has really let his brother down, and let others dictate his behavior. He didn't shoot the arrow that killed Wangji's son, but he was there and just stood there and let a defenseless child get killed. Lan Xichen knew that he had to work really hard to gain his brother's trust again.

"I know, so why do you think I came here after you told me where you were staying?" Xichen asked, "I want to hear you out, without Uncle's anger getting in the way."

"If I allow you, you have rules and conditions," Wangji told him.

"Very well," Xichen agreed.

Lan Wangji made a hole in the barrier so Xichen could enter. Wangji then led Xichen inside and to a private room. Wen Ning informed Wei Wuxian of Lan Xichen's arrival, so he prepared everything.

"What is this?" Xichen asked.

"Remove your robes and put these robes on," Wangji demanded and threw a talisman at him. It glowed green showing he had hidden charms on him, "and bathe before doing so. The water will get rid of any charms you carry on your skin."

"Is this really necessary?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Yes," Wei Wuxian answered, "it may not be much yet but you are inside the new Qishan Wei Sect. We have rules about outsiders being inside our sect until further notice. You want us to trust you, then do it...and let Lan Zhan check your ribbon as well. If you do not wish to follow through, then leave."

Lan Xichen was yet again, shocked by the things he was told to do, but in order for his brother to trust him, he followed through. Lan Xichen then met up with them in the main hall. When his eyes landed on Wen Ning. His brother told him the truth and Wen Ning was actually alive....well, Wen Ning's version of alive anyway.

"Do you trust me now?" Lan Xichen asked.

Wei Wuxian walked up to Lan Xichen and used one last charm to check for any more hidden talisman and charms, "he is clean," Wuxian said.

"So you two just formed a new sect when you have no one else but the three of you?" Xichen asked.

"For now," Wangji answered, "Wei Ying is leader, in second leader, Wen Ning is head disciple and head healer. We will be looking into others, we have some talismans that Wei Ying made to track down certain people, and he is looking for a couple people to add."

"Okay," Lan Xichen said, "why did you come to Gusu?"

"We told you already, I performed Empathy on Wen Ning, I saw Wen Qing was alive and Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyao talking about some things. One of them being that Jin Guangyao admitting to getting you drunk and taking advantage of you. He said it is a way to manipulate you into trusting him," Wei Wuxian explained then remembered some other things about Empathy, "there are some other things, I saw Xue Yang."

"Xue Yang? He isn't dead?" Wangji asked.

"I remember something from that...he was the one who made the nails," Wen Ning said, he was gaining some memories back.

Wei Wuxian said, "Jin Guangshan also said that I will die eventually, even if they have to kill Lan Zhan first, as he now knows if one of us dies, the other one will as well," Wei Wuxian pulled Lan Wangji to a hug, "don't leave."

"I won't," Lan Wangji assured him, "I will not leave you...within the best of my abilities anyway."

Wei Wuxian nodded, "Mnn."

Lan Xichen could see the light in his brother's eyes. It was a light that he only had when he was with Wei Wuxian. Lan Xichen was now even more upset with himself for not trusting his brother more.