13

Wei Wuxian woke up the next morning to see that Wangji had already prepared the special contraceptive tea that keeps a person from getting pregnant after sex. Wei Wuxian was actually hesitant for a second but then he drank it. He was not ready to have another child after loosing one so soon. He could see the last glimpse of light leave his little boy's eyes too. His heart sank further into his chest and it was painful the more he thought about it.

Wei Wuxian got out of bed and took a bath before he was to continue on with his day. When he returned, Wangji has breakfast set for him. Wei Wuxian tried as best as he could to eat, as he was not one to eat when he was upset. Wangji was at least grateful that Wei Wuxian was trying for his sake. He wanted to know which cultivator specifically, shot the arrow that struck his son's heart. Knowing which one that actually managed to kill a child, Wangji would have justice for him.

All he knows is that A'Yuan took a misstep from behind Wei Wuxian and soon enough arrows were being drawn and shot. Out of everyone there, there were twenty archers specifically, and only one arrow managed to hit their son and pierce his heart. Wangji mourned for their son, but it seemed to have hit Wei Ying for worse...after all he did carry the child and birth him. It was like seeing a piece of you just die away. That was what a child was, a piece of each of the parents and it was taken away from them both.

"Wei Ying, if you need more time, please do not push yourself," Wangji told him, "I, out of everyone, know what you are feeling."

"A'Zhan, I can't stop seeing it," Wei Wuxian said letting tears fall down his face, "I cannot stop seeing that last little bit of light leave him....I cannot stop blaming myself for it...what do I do? I am so tired of losing people. We lost our son, I lost three families. If I lost you, I would die...I'm so sorry, my love. I'm so sorry. I thought if you showed up that day, you'd be furious with me for not protecting our son. Be furious that I messed up, I lost control, even though I swore I would never."

Wangji pulled his husband to his lap, "you do not apologize to me, Wei Ying. You have nothing to apologize for. You did nothing wrong. You were the one who was framed. You were the one that was wronged. I agreed to let A'Yuan stay because I felt the same. I did not want Shufu to be so harsh on him. Especially if he knew he was ours. He has always been so hard on you. You did everything you could, and I will never let you go about this alone. I will be there. I will not leave your side, not of my own choice anyway. I love you and you never should have to worry about losing me. We are soulmates and bonded. You can never get rid of me."

Wei Wuxian couldn't help but smirk at the last sentence that Wangji had said, "I don't even want to consider that," Wuxian told him.

"Good," Wangji said holding Wuxian's face, "I love you."

"I love you too," Wuxian said in a whisper as he leaned more into Wangji's touch.

Wangji kissed him gently. Wuxian gripped into Wangji's robes as he depends the kiss. The two were both so enticed by each other's love that they almost missed the knock at the door. Wangji gently bit down in Wuxian's bottom lip and sucked as he pulling away. Wuxian giggled as he stood up, almost stumbling over Wangji's robes. Wangji held him to keep him steady for a moment before the two when to get the door.

Lan Xichen was waiting in the main hall, so Wei Ning was the one took the time to get Wangji and Wuxian. Wuxian was actually really grateful that Xichen risked his life and reputation to save Wei Qing but because trust was so hard to find for Wei Wuxian, he doesn't know if he could ever trust again...though he trusts his husband, he trusts Wei Ning and he trusts Wei Qing, so it was a small step. Wangji nodded at Wei Ning as Wei Wuxian took Wangji's hand. They then followed Wei Ning to the main hall to meet up with Xichen.

"I have a favor to ask of you?" Xichen asked once his brother and Wuxian arrive.

"And what might that be?" Wangji asked.

"Since I was told I was taken advantage of and manipulated, but I was drunk and have no memory of it, I thought maybe if you could try empathy, we would know the truth...it's the only way I know for sure if Jin Guangyao is as you say...plus with fresh eyes, there might be something you might pick up," Lan Xichen said.

Wangji and Wuxian exchanged a look. The look was obvious between the two, but Xichen was not able to read his brother like he used to. When it comes to reading him when he is with Wuxian, he is always misinterpreting what he sees.

"Very well," Wuxian said, "would you want me to do it?"

"Wei Ying, if it's alright, could I?" Wangji asked, "you are good at detecting things so if something happens you can step in."

"Wei Ning, can you go get your 'medical supplies, and blank talisman sheets...I know Wei Qing is still healing but she can help guide you if we need it. I trust that A'Zhan will be okay though," Wuxian told him.

"Yes, Ying-Ge," Wei Ning said and left the main hall.

"Are you sure? Once we do this, and it is all true, will you be able to handle it? Knowing that your body was used like that?" Wuxian asked.

"I have to know, Wei Wuxian, if it also helps get some insight and allow you to trust me again fully, I will take the opportunity," Xichen said.

"Very well," Wuxian said.