31

After breakfast, Wangji and Wuxian explored the area for a while. There was a nature trail nearby so they decided to explore it. Every now and then Wuxian would peach blossom trees and he was immediately reminded of his mother.

"The smell," Wuxian said quietly. Wangji looked at him. Wuxian smiled, "it reminds me of her."

Wangji nodded, "anytime I see gentians, I am reminded of my mother. She loved those flowers. Even the smell. Such precious little things such as flowers can give us that feeling of remembering," Wangji explained.

Wuxian nodded, "and anytime I smell sandalwood, I think of you," he said.

Wangji smirked, "You smell of lotus flowers and a fresh sea breeze."

"Such things have big impacts on us," Wuxian said, "but it also gives us comfort. It gives me comfort anyway."

"I understand," Wangji said, "you give me comfort too."

Wuxian smirked and pinned Wangji against the nearby tree, and kissed him. Wangji wrapped his arms around Wuxian as he enjoyed his soft and sweet tasting lips. Wangji soon lifted him up bridal style before sitting down under a large peach blossom tree. Wuxian smiled under the kiss as he felt Wangji's hand roam his body. Wangji's hand was mostly hanging around Wuxian's hips, legs, and waist. As they were kissing, Wuxian suddenly felt something drop on his head.

"Ouch!" He yelled pulling away and rubbed his head, "what hit me?"

Wangji looked around and saw a sweet juicy peach on the ground beside them. He picked it up and gave it to Wuxian, "seems the tree was wanting to give us something sweet," Wangji said.

"Do not eat it," Baoshan warned, "not yet anyway. You two, this tree is the largest peach blossom tree in peach blossom forest. This one I use to cultivate peaches used for immortality. Any other peach tree is fine. You two are not ready to have a peach from this tree yet."

"Oh, here," Wuxian said handing it to her.

Baoshan took it, "thank you," she said.

"How do we know if we are ready for immortality?" Wuxian asked.

"Well, I'd have to run some tests to see how your spiritual energy is," Baoshan said.

"Can I ask you a question?" Wuxian asked.

"Of course," Baoshan said.

"I know I have this new core from my amulet, but is there a way to let me have my old one back? Let Jiang Cheng suffer for all I care. He hasn't shown me that he even deserves the sacrifice I gave him," Wuxian said.

Baoshan smiled, "I can get you your core back, and this one that you cultivated, I can get rid of. It would be best to cultivate to immortality with your own core. Your first one. I can give that Jiang a core...but it will be one that is at the level of what it would be for a ten year old. Since he wants to act like one."

Wuxian giggled and looked at Wangji, "what do you think?" He asked.

"I say do it," Wangji said, "you can still cultivate your father's path and your mother's path. Even when he did not know of your sacrifice, he did not show any sort of care to you."

"I will go deal with it now then," Baoshan said.

"If he asks, just tell him it's compensation for what his parents did to mine. I gave it up to help him but I was lied to all those years. I deserve to have it back," Wuxian said.

"That's smart, and I can make sure it's cleansed for you, I will return soon," she said and teleported out of the area.

"This will be interesting," Wuxian said.

"It will," Wangji agrees, "now, where were we?"

"Huh?" Wuxian questioned.

Wuxian was then pinned down to the ground and his breath was taken away when Wangji's lips were back on his. Wuxian giggled as he tried to keep up with Wangji's greedy lips. Wangji chuckled as he moved to Wuxian's neck. Wuxian was just about ready to rip his husband's robes off, but was stopped by a noise. He opened his eyes and saw a small white creature walking around.

"Lan Zhan!" Wuxian said.

"Mnn?" He replied into Wuxian's neck.

"Look!" He pointed, his voice was in a whisper but it was excited and shocked.

Lan Wangji sat up and looked at whatever Wuxian wanted him to see. What he saw was a little white as snow nine tailed fox. It sat there staring at Wangji and Wuxian. It seemed all to curious about the two.

Wuxian sat up and gently stuck the back of his hand out, "hello, you do not have to be afraid," he said calmly.

The little fox crept up slowly and sniffed his hand. It was as if it recognized or felt comfortable around Wuxian, and moved to sit on his lap.

"You are a cute little fox," Wuxian said, "I wonder if you have a name?"

Wangji smiled as he let the fox gather his scent. The fox moved to lay between Wuxian and Wangji. Wangji began to let the fox.

"We will have to wait for Baoshan to return to ask about the fox," Wangji said, "it seems content with us...mostly you."

"Maybe because I have Sanren blood," Wuxian suggested, "but it's okay with you too...maybe because of your gentle nature with animals...I mean the bunnies like you."

Wangji smiled, "perhaps, but we will just speak with Baoshan."

Wuxian nodded, "alright," he said and leaned back against the tree, "this is a really nice place to just relax in."

Wangji leaned back against the tree as well, "are you doing okay?"

"I am," Wuxian replied, "I think being here helps...is this considered running away from my problems?"

"Not really," Wangji answered, "we got away so we could focus on ourselves. When I took you away after that trial, we made plans not to interfere with the sects again...and we suddenly got dragged into it again. Mostly because we wanted to save Wen Qing, but now more issues came out. I am glad we worked out things with my brother but now that he knows what happened to him, unless he really wants our help, he seems to have it all under control."

Wuxian nodded, "we did say that," Wuxian said, "we did what we could on our behalf. For who framed me, we can deal with that later. I do not care about it right now."

"I know," Wangji said, "I think Jin Guangyao was involved in that."

"Probably, but his time is coming for him, just not from me right now," Wuxian said, "I am too comfortable and relaxed to care."

Wangji looked at him, "we can deal with it later. It's good to see you finally relax."

Wuxian nodded and turned to lay his head on Wangji's lap, "mind if I lay down like this?"

Wangji smiled, "You are my husband, you can lay on me if you wish."

Wuxian felt Wangji's fingers run through his hair, "I could fall asleep," Wuxian said. A soft sigh came from him.

"You can sleep, I am here with you," Wangji said. He just relaxed there and admired his sleeping husband. He eventually carried Wuxian back to the house and put him in their bed.