42

Song Unbroken by Stan Walker was the inspiration for this fan fiction; this music video also had some inspiration behind this fic.

Thank you for reading..hope you enjoyed the story and here is the last chapter
.
.
.
_______________

Wuxian woke the next day at there place on Baoshan's mountain. He was very sore, so sore that he felt his ass would split his body into two and his back ached.

"Lan Zhan, I learned my lesson, can you not make me so immobile next time. I am so sore I can't move!" Wuxian said.

"Sorry not sorry," Wangji said, "but you deserve it. You took off like that and left a note. Be thankful I didn't leave you tied up."

Wuxian sighed and slowly sat up and leaned against the headboard, "I am sorry," he said.

Wangji looked at his husband. Wangji knows that he had good intentions, and he did at least tell him some how on where he was going. He can't stay mad at Wuxian even if he tried. He knows Wuxian will berate himself longer then however long someone would scold him. Wangji sighed and moved to sit down by him.

"Please do not apologize," Wangji said and pulled him to his lap, "I know you are throwing words around inside that head of yours. I am not mad at you. I can never be, but I worry about you every day. I do not know what I'd do if I lost you."

"You'd die if I died," Wuxian said, "and we'd leave A'Yuan alone in this world without his parents."

Wangji placed a kiss on Wuxian's cheek, "do not be hard on yourself. We are both safe and Jin Guangyao is taken care of now."

Wei Wuxian was quiet for a while. He just enjoyed cuddling with his husband. He didn't speak until maybe an hour later, "if it's okay with you, I want to stop with the contraceptives," Wuxian said, "let it happen or let life go as it does."

Lan Wangji smiled, "I am more than okay with it," Wangji said, "I think we are in a betting place now and maybe it's time to get A'Yuan a sibling."

Wuxian giggled, "thank you," he said, "A'Yuan has been spoiled by learning medical practices from Wei Qing and Wei Ning, and is also Wai Po's little disciple. We can visit Gusu whenever you want but I kind of like staying here at the mountain. I never thought I'd be okay more secluded from everything."

Wangji trailed his fingers through Wuxian's hair, and placed a kiss on his forehead, "it is fine to be this way. You have grown up a lot and have dealt with more hardships then a person should ever go through. I am okay with staying, as I am always going to be by your side. As your soulmate and husband, I am with you."

"When we first met, I know I was super annoying, and people always questioned why I always tried to get close to you. I kept saying I found you interesting and I like trying to get responses out of you...but I had other reasons and I never really had the courage to admit it," Wuxian said.

"Will you tell me?" Wangji asked.

"I felt comfortable around you. Your energy and aura are very calming and tranquil. I was battling so much internally and when I was with you, that anxiety and depression I carried seems to go away. When I went back to Lotus Pier, I'd find myself crying at night sometimes because I missed being around you and I had the impression you hated me, so I just buried everything inside.

When everything started happening after the Sunshot Campaign, somehow you were the only one who could get me to talk. I was alone but when I was with you, that feeling of loneliness disappeared. It probably sounds dumb," Wuxian explained, "I was quite surprised when you met up with me after that night hunt at Phoenix Mountain. You never left my side sense."

Lan Wangji was gaining a whole new insight on his husband. Wei Wuxian finally had the courage to tell Lan Wangji his real reasons for his behavior back then. He didn't understand what love was because he was as deprived of it growing up with the Jiangs. They showed him was fake love was but Lan Wangji showed him sincerity and kindness. He became someone Wuxian could rely on.

"Wei Ying," Wangji said.

Wuxian sat up slowly and faced him, "what?" He asked with a pout.

Wangji chuckled and kissed him on the lips, "I am glad that you felt that way for me. It lets me know a lot more of your behavior back then. I may have been a stubborn person then but I knew you were someone important to me. I am glad that I can call you mine, and you can call me yours. Everything that happened, it made us into the husbands we are today. I could not be more thankful."

Wei Wuxian hugged him, "I love you so much," he said.

"I love you too, Wei Ying," Wangji replied.

***

About a year later, Wei Wuxian and Wangji had their second child. They had a cute little baby girl and named her Wei Lan Xiuying (brave;beautiful). Wangji adjusted his name and was now Wei Lan Zhan courtesy Wei Lan Wangji. A'Yuan was Wei Lan Yuan, courtesy Wei Lan Sizhui.

Wuxian and Wangji were grateful for their two children. A'Yuan adored his little sister and would always help protect her and love her.

Lan Xichen and Nie Mingjue eventually became cultivation partners. Nie Mingjue help his Didi learn the fundamentals of running the Nie Sect so they could split duties. It would give Mingjue time to spend with Xichen, and occasionally, Xichen would visit him.

They ended up adopting a set of twins, a boy and a girl, the girl Nie Lan Meilin (beautiful jade) and the boy, Nie Lan Biming (Clear as Jade). They ended up with their hands full but they were happy.

Baoshan was more than happy because she now had some new Disciples headed her way when they get older.

When Baoshan first saw her grandson, he was a broken. He had so many pieces that were scattered all over the cultivation world. The sects had destroyed him and he had lost so much. Seeing that he had a wonderful soulmate, she was rest assured that Wuxian would pull through.

Because of Wangji, Wei Wuxian is unbroken.

THE END