10

Lan Xichen was the only one the the the Jin's trusted. So he was going to get Wen Qing, if she was actually there and alive. He saw Wen Ning, and it was enough for him to believe that Wen Qing may be alive. It would take a bit more convincing to believe he was being manipulated...and he would find out on his own. Lan Xichen left Qishan and went back to Gusu to put his normal Gusu robes on...but he had them checked for talismans first. Wei Wuxian was kind enough to give him a talisman to check for others.

Lan Xichen saw that all of his current robes had trackers on them...and most of their fabrics to make the robes came from Lanling. Lan Xichen was getting more and more convinced that his brother and brother-in-law spoke the truth. Once he was set with robes that were not being tracked, he made his way to Lanling. He was greeted by Yanli who was standing in the main hall.

"Sect Leader Lan," Yanli greeted.

"Madam Jin, I thought maybe you would spend some time in Yunmeng," Lan Xichen said.

"I will be leaving shortly with A'Cheng. I just needed to speak with you first," she said.

"Is everything alright? The baby?" Lan Xichen asked.

"I just want to know, do you know where A'Xian is?" She asked, "I never knew what he did for us and what he was going through."

Jiang Yanli was someone who really loved her Shidi. To hear here everything that Wei Wuxian did and sacrificed, and even lost a child, Jiang Yanli was so heartbroken for him. She never even blamed him for what happened to Jin Zixuan. She just wanted to see him.

"I..am not sure," Lan Xichen told her. He didn't know if she could really answer her honestly, especially if the Jin's are suspected. He didn't have to distrust Yanli, it was the people around her and it, unfortunately, had Lan Xichen breaking his own principles by lying to her.

"If you do find out, you will tell me right?" Yanli asked, "I just need to know he is okay."

Lan Xichen sighed, "he has Wangji with him, and they are married. Wangji will keep him safe, wherever they are."

Jin (Jiang) Yanli nodded, "I understand...and I by Madam Jiang. I respect my husband but I am a Jiang, and will always be."

Lan Xichen nodded, "very well...I have to meet up with Jin Guangyao now."

"Be careful around him, he makes me feel uneasy," she said and walked away.

Lan Xichen was started to feel more confused, 'is what Wei Wuxian and Wangji told me true? Why can't I remember what happened? Why are others uneasy about him?'

Lan Xichen soon made his way to the dungeons unnoticed. He checked each cell and not seeing anything...until he heard a whimper a few cells down the line. When he came across the last cell, that was when he saw her, Wen Qing, laying there covered in so many burns and blood, and scars. Lan Xichen's mouth dropped open. He couldn't leave her there. He used his spiritual energy to break the lock and picked her up off the ground. He used an invisibility talisman to sneak out of Lanling and fly her to Qishan.

"Wangji!" Lan Xichen yelled when he arrived to the barrier.

Lan Wangji came out to find his brother had returned and had Wen Qing unconscious in his arms. He let him inside and straight to their infirmary. Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning immediately got warm water and a cloth to start cleaning her wounds, Wangji got bandages and Lan Xichen got her fresh robes. Wen Ning had the others step out as Wen Qing was his sister, and he finished tending to her.

"Sect Leader Lan, thank you for saving her, but how did you get her out?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"I just went to the dungeons unnoticed, and used an invisibility talisman to get back out. I'm not sure if or when the others will notice. The only person I ran into was your Shijie...she was asking about you...she's going back to Yunmeng with the baby...she said she is uncomfortable with the people she is around," Lan Xichen explained.

Wei Wuxian's face changed a bit, almost as if he was ashamed. He just nodded, "I understand," he said and turned around, "I am tired, there is a guest room for you to stay in if you like...Lan Zhan can show you."

Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen watched Wei Wuxian disappear into his room, "sorry, he is still trying to find it in himself to stop blaming himself for everything that has happened," Lan Wangji told him.

"It is alright, you do not have to apologize to me...but can we talk, please?" Xichen asked.

Lan Wangji sighed, "come," he said and lead him to a secluded room. It was set up with a tea table and snacks. It was just a small meeting room to discuss privately. It had privacy protection on the walls as well, to keep anything said from getting out, "we can talk here," Lan Wangji said and sat down.

"Wangji, I know it will take a lot of time to get your trust back, but let's say I believe you, how am I going to just, say that? If he really did take advantage of me?..."

Lan Xichen seemed hurt. If Jin Guangyao actually did do such a thing, Lan Xichen would be confused mostly. He had his share of feelings for Jin Guangyao, maybe even liked more than he expected but now, he's not so sure. He was tricked into drinking just so Jin Guangyao could have a one nighter with him.

"Xiongzhang, you have a right to be confused and question what we tell you, but think about it for a moment, would I really go back to Gusu when I said I wouldn't just to lie to you and Shufu?" Wangji asked.

"I know you would never lie to me, but I never thought A'Yao would lie to me though," Xichen told him.

"I have to try and get Wei Ying to believe in himself again, as he has nobody but me and the Wen Siblings. You have a lot of people around you who are always willing to help you. What good would my help do? I feel like I would be useless to you...it feels that way lately anyway," Lan Wangji told him.

Lan Wangji was just going to lay it out as he sees it. Lan Xichen let him down, and Lan Wangji depended on him for so long. Now Lan Wangji felt like he was just in Lan Xichen's way. He was a sect leader, and many people admired him. Lan Wangji had always been quiet and closed off, so he never minded it. When his brother chose Jin Guangyao over him, Lan Wangji knew where he lied within his brother's priority.

"Since you value Jin Guangyao so much, you have had little mind to think of me," Wangji said, "Wei Ying may be hurting but he doesn't think of me as a second option or person. He thinks of me first. That is what family does...so tell me, why should I easily forgive or trust you anymore? Despite you going out of your way to help bring Wen Qing back."

Before Lan Xichen could answer Wei Wuxian entered, "Lan Zhan?" He asked in tears, "I can't sleep."

Lan Wangji looked at his husband, "come," he said holding out his arms, "sit with me."

Wei Wuxian nodded and crawled into his lap, "thank you," he whispered as he settled his head on Wangji's chest, "what are you doing or talking about anyway?"

"Xiongzhang was asking me for advice," Wangji replied.

"Since when does the older ask the younger for advice?" Wei Wuxian asked and looked at Lan Xichen.

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji have there doubts against him right now and they didn't know what they should think or feel. For now they just had to hear him out, but it may still take a long time before Lan Xichen is forgiven.

How could they just forgive him so quickly as it is?