18

Wuxian groaned when he heard the morning bells and remembered he was still in Cloud Recesses. The groan was quite loud, which was heard by Wangji as he was still accustomed to the sleep schedule of his sect, he chuckled at the cute sound his husband made. Wangji would wake up at this time everyday and would let Wuxian sleep but he forgot about the bell as it has been a little bit since he has been home.

"A'Ying, what was that sound you just made?" Wangji teased.

"I forgot how annoying that stupid bell is," Wuxian replied, "I don't want to be awake."

"You can go back to sleep," Wangji told him.

Wuxian was already laying snuggled up to Wangji, but felt the need to move closer before he felt comfortable, "why are we still in Cloud Recesses?" Wuxian asked, his eyes still closed and his face shoved into Wangji's chest.

"You were upset last night. I thought staying the night would be better then traveling all the way back to Qishan. We can go back today if you want," Wangji said.

"Later, I want sleep...will you stay?" Wuxian asked.

Wangji ran his fingers through Wuxian's hair, "of course, I have nowhere else to be right now. I'd rather be with my husband anyway."

Wuxian giggled as he hid his face further into the robes of Wangji's chest, "stop being so sweet," Wuxian told him.

"No," Wangji said, "will always be like this with you."

"Lan Zhan, you're fired," Wuxian teased.

"From what?" He asked.

"Your fired for being to good of a husband," Wuxian replied.

Wangji chuckled and kissed him, "I refuse to give in sir."

Wei Wuxian giggled and shoved his face into Wangji's chest, "stop being so cute!"

"No," Wangji argued again.

Wei Wuxian sighed and just let it go. He soon fell asleep again while laying on his husband. Wangji was awake for most of the time. Once Wuxian woke up again, they dressed and went to say goodbye to the others. Wei Wuxian wanted to get back to Qishan. They can't really do much at the moment as Jin Guangyao hasn't really made any appearances or moves.

As they were walking, Wuxian caught a glare in his eyes. It was just the sun peeking through the trees but it was subtle enough for him to get a flashback. A flashback of when he had an argument at Mount Baifeng for his sister. He missed her so much. He really wanted to see her, but he didn't know if he was welcome in Lotus Pier.

"A'Zhan?" Wuxian asked.

"Hmm?" He replied.

"I miss shijie," he said.

"I know," Wangji said, "we can try to go through Yunmeng but I'm not sure what Jiang Wanyin would do. It is on the way back to Qishan."

"If we can just try. I have to see her just once," Wuxian said.

"I know," he said.

The two stepped out of the gates of Cloud Recesses, and hopped on their swords. The two were in Yunmeng later on that evening. They decided to stay at an inn. Inside their room, there was a seat next to the window so Wuxian sat there for a while just looking out. It wasn't as lively as he remembered but it was still Lotus Pier.

"See anything interesting?" Wangji asked as he sat across from him.

"Yes, and he is sitting across from me," Wuxian flirted.

"I meant outside," Wangji said.

Wuxian moved to sit on his lap, and his back against Wangji's chest, "let me check from this angle, nothing from over there," he said.

Wangji chuckled, "so shameless."

Wuxian turned his head and leaned so he could see Wangji's face, "maybe, but I am your shameless one."

Lan Wangji smiled at him before leaning down and kissed him. Wuxian reached up with his hand and placed it on Wangji's face as he happily kissed him, letting their lips sync in a nice rhythmic dance, and their tongues tangled together every now and then. With a soft bite to Wuxian's bottom lip, Wangji pulled back.

"Mnn, so good A'Zhan," Wuxian said.

"I agree, so good A'Ying," he said and kissed Wuxian's cheek.

Wuxian let out a soft sigh as he felt comfortable sitting in his husband's lap, "to be honest, I don't know if I really was paying attention to what I was seeing. I was thinking about some things."

"Want to tell me?" Wangji asked.

"Something that I suddenly started thinking about was, if my father was such good friends with Uncle Jiang, why did he leave after marrying my mom? Or did he leave sooner? I don't think it had anything to do with Madam Yu but it makes me wonder. There is also the fact that I let them manipulate me for so long and give into what they ever said about me.

I always believed that I was a servant's son...but if I think about it, what is my father's background? What is the Wei's background? My mother was a Sanren and that alone was enough to say that she was daughter and disciple of the most powerful and respected cultivator to ever exist," Wuxian explained, "so it's a lot to ponder. If I were to look into my father's name, where would I look? Was he from a smaller clan or is it something way more than that? Otherwise why else can I handle resentment so well?"

Lan Wangji had to ponder on what Wuxian had to say, "I don't even know if there is anything in Gusu about your father's history, but I can ask."

"There is a large library in Qishan that we have with book that haven't been touched by anyone else. We could find something that could maybe point us into the right direction. Maybe if we were to succeed going into meet my shijie, I'm not sure if there is anything there in their library either...ugh...not that I spent much time there," Wuxian said.

"I honestly think you would go there occasionally," Wangji said.

"To be honest, I tried. I would be able to for at least an hour if I was lucky. Madam Yu would catch me in there and told me I am not worth reading such nonsense. I need to stick to the basic teachings from the teachers...so that was when I started to stay up so late at night and read books when I could. I would have someone look out for me in the meantime," Wuxian said, "her name was Bai Chu Hua (Bai means white or purity; Chu Hua means chrysanthemum)."

"So why did you cause such mischief in Gusu when we first met?" Wangji asked.

"I felt bored as I read too far ahead of everyone. I get bored when I am being  taught things that I already know," Wuxian answered, "plus those lectures were way too long for me. If they were slightly shorter and maybe split better through the day, I would say I would have been fine."

"I will have to remember that," Wangji said.

"Honestly, I mostly like to learn things to make new inventions and charms, or maybe even talismans," Wuxian said.

"You are so smart like that," Wangji praises.

"I like that you are so much more free now that you are outside of Gusu," Wuxian told him.

"Me too," Wangji said, "we have learned from others on how to make our own decisions and sect. I looking forward to seeing how it goes. Especially with my brilliant husband."

"So much praising from you today," Wuxian said.

"Get used to it," Wangji told him.

Wuxian giggled and he relaxed into Wangji again and they looked out the window to watch the stars for a while.