7

Wei Wuxian and Wen Ning sat face to face a private room that was to be used for making talisman, charms, and weapons and so on. The protection of the room would help protect them during empathy. Wei Wuxian took Wen Ning's hands and Empathy began. Lan Wangji sat with his guqin at the ready. Seeing Wei Wuxian so close to Wen Ning, something deep in him began to feel uncomfortable, but he let it for for Wei Wuxian's sake.

Within Empathy, Wei Wuxian could see a dark cell. He took a glimpse at Wen Ning, he was chained up to a wall and he already had the nails in his head. Wei Wuxian could only explore the confines of the cell as that was as far as he could go within empathy. But he could see outside the cell and hear very well. He stood at the door and looked at the cell across from him. There he saw her, Wen Qing, laying on the ground covered in burns.

"They didn't burn her to death, just burn her to a point where it is painful to move," Wei Wuxian stated to himself.

He looked around the room to see if he could make out any signs of the location. Then he heard a couple disciples talking from a distance. It wasn't disciples though, when they came to view, it was none other than Jin Guangshan, Jin Guangyao, and Xue Yang.

"Everyone believes she and Wen Ning are dead. The ashes you used were those of several people who were under Wei Wuxian's protection in the mounds," Jin Guangyao said, "what plans do you have?"

"I want this girl to tell me everything she knows about Wei Wuxian, and his Yin Hu Fu. She will tell us what we need and she will be our prisoner until she dies as is. She can suffer like this. If she dies, she dies," Jin Guangshan stated.

"Wei Wuxian's words, they speak truth, how can we counter them?" Jin Guangyao asked, "he says he didn't kill Jin Zixuan, but he was there."

"He will die eventually, even if I have to kill that husband of his first," Jin Guangshan stated, "now keep working with Zewu Jun."

"I will, however he is not feeling well after finding out about Hanguang Jun's son," Jin Guangyao said, "he is getting harder to manipulate."

"Then get him in bed with you again," Jin Guangshan said, "he seemed better after that."

"He was drunk, I didn't want to take advantage of him like that," Jin Guangyao told him.

"Well, too bad, if you want to prove yourself to me, than do it!" Jin Guangshan said.

Wei Wuxian was livid. He forced himself out of empathy and stood up quickly. He even stormed out of the room, stumbling as he walked. He made his way outside and to the barrier.

"Wei Ying, stop!" Lan Wangji yelled and jumped in front of him.

"Lan Zhan, they have her! Jin Guangshan has her...and he is forcing Jin Guangyao to take advantage of your brother...he got Zewu drunk and forced himself on your brother...that's why he was against me. Jin Guangyao played him...they have her! They are hurting Zewu Jun...as mad as I am for him basically being involved with killing our son, that can't happen. Zewu Jun's honor!?!?" Wei Wuxian rambled on and on.

Lan Wangji was not believe what he was hearing, "Jin Guangyao was the reason he thought you were corrupting me and convinced my brother of that."

"They mentioned Jin Zixuan, almost as if they were expecting me to kill him...did they plan all this?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"I know I said we would not associate with other sects but we should go to Gusu, talk to Xiongzhang," Wangji suggested.

"Like he would believe us...what if your brother actually likes Meng Yao? And he doesn't know that he's being played?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"We have to tell him, even if he doesn't, we can use the serum again if we have to," Wangji said, "but we have to warn him."

Wei Wuxian nodded. He told Wen Ning to stay put and guard the sect. It was just the three of them but it was still being rebuilt. They had yet to come out about the sect anyway but Wuxian wondered if anyone suspected them to be in Qishan.

Lan Wangji pulled Wuxian closed and hopped on Bichen, "I can fly in my own again, I can use my sword," Wuxian told him.

"I know, but I wanted to carry you," Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian smiled and placed a kiss on Wangji's jaw, "you are so sweet."

"You are sweeter," Wangji said.

"Lan Zhaaan!" Wei Wuxian whined as he hid his face in Wangji's neck. He then had an idea, "would your uncle listen to us first? Would he believe any of it?"

Lan Wangji thought for a moment before speaking, "he would be more willing to listen to what we have to say first. He has reasons to believe us. If he hears that Xiongzhang is in danger, he will step in."

"We should try," Wei Wuxian said.

Lan Wangji nodded. It actually took the rest of the day to get to Gusu. They found and inn and stayed there for the night before they were to go to Cloud Recesses, plus it was way past curfew so no one would let them in anyway. Wei Wuxian didn't feel like breaking the ward either as they came to share information about their sect. The didn't want to have any more bad terms.

////////////

So, will Lan Qiren listen to what they have to say?

Will Lan Xichen be want to listen?

Will they even give them a chance at all?

Find out soon.