Chapter 27

memoryado ko na kung sino laging nagcocomment hahaha thank you to all of you most specially to my avid commentators. you guys keep me motivated in updating. love you!

IPOKRITA

I could feel the thumping of my chest. A man is holding me by the waist for support. His face was blurry. Everything is a blur.

I could hear him talking to another guy. But his possessive hand stayed on my waist, pulling me even closer to him.

I tried to look at him, recognizing him. My hands made its way to his nape. Then I was touching his lips. Although it was dark, I was absolutely sure that he was attractive. I stared at the man holding me, trying to see him clearly. My heart hammered when slowly, his face became clearer.

Napabalikwas ako ng bangon. I became fully awake while holding my chest just as I am breathing heavily. It was Ansel! The man in my dreams in those same scenes!

Of the past dreams I had, the man's face was always blurry. But now, his face showed up! Bakit si Ansel? Why would I dream those same scenes over and over then see his face in the man holding me? Was it him all along?

I ran my fingers through my hair and shook my head. Maybe, I'm getting crazy. Ilang araw ko ng pilit iniiwasan si Ansel. When he comes home, I pretend to be asleep. In the morning, I wake up so early and go to the gym.

Kagagaling ko lang sa meeting kanina kila Direk Joe pagkatapos nung show namin. That's why I felt exhausted and slept for a while. We planned out the event in Palawan and the shoot that will be held there a day from now. Sakto at makakalayo ako kay Ansel para makapag-isip ako ng mas malinaw. So I could think of how to approach him and plan on how to prove that Dad's accusations are right.

I wanted to go back home to my parents but I know they have to talk to each other and settle their problem with only the two of them there. I just sent them both a text that I will soon be back. I also apologized.

Kung iisipin ko ang nararamdaman ni Dad ay nasasaktan rin ako para sa kanya. Naiintinhidan ko kung bakit binabawi niya ang pagpapakasal ko kay Ansel.

Bumaba ako sa kusina at nagsalin ng tubig. Pero napatingin ako sa gilid nung makaramdam ng presensya. I smiled.

"Cali, do you want us to go out for awhile?" I asked without looking at her. We could go to a 7/11 store and buy some food.

"Invite me too."

Muntik na akong mabulunan sa tubig na iniinom ko sa narinig na boses. Tinignan ko si Ansel. Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin.

Anong oras na ba? Bakit siya andito?!

Malamang bahay niya, Iana?

His eyes were tired and lazy. Three of his buttons were opened. His white polo sleeves were folded messily up to his elbows. There's anger in his eyes while looking at me coldly. His jaw was clenched a bit. I could see some of his chest. He looked unbelievably hot even when he's mad! How could this be possible?!

"You should rest. Pagod ka ata," nag-iwas ako ng tingin.

"Not anymore," he muttered. And I felt nervous when I saw his predatory eyes rake my legs.

I'm wearing shorts and a sleeveless croptop. Nainitan ako kanina sa napanaginipan ko kaya ako nagpalit. I didn't expect that Ansel would come home this early!

"Uhm, anong oras na ba?" Pag-iiwas ko at naghanap ng orasan pero wala palang clock dito sa kusina.

The corner of Ansel's lips raised while watching my lips tremble in his intense gaze. Tinalikuran ko siya at inubos ang iniinom kong tubig bago iyon hinugasan. Nagmadali ako nang makalayo agad sa kanya.