25: The open world

(Y/ns pov)
It's been weeks since Octavia has talked to me about what happened. The moment of weakness she had was just that, a moment of weakness. The day after she got up and was back to her cold warrior facade. Everything was just... there. Until, the little satellites started to work. It was Bellamy explaining that we could come outside, that it was safe. I've never seen Octavia so emotional in my life. She gripped the phone and sobbed at hearing her brothers voice. I even cried a little seeing that they made it up to space, that they were still alive.

Octavia had made it her mission to get outta here and today was the day. They'd open up the latch and we would see if the rumor was true. If the earth was safe.

The day I heard the news I was ecstatic but worried, what about the kids? They have nothing to protect them if the radiation is still out there. I couldn't live knowing that I allowed Octavia and myself not to protect our kids. I've been creating safety packs for them as soon as I heard the news. I had bags filled with water and dried scraps of meat along with two face masks for them each. Enough for them to at least live off of for a week until they find somewhere safe.

I heard heavy boots truck my way

"Todays the day" Octavias raspy voice whispers in my ear and she hugs me from behind

"After today, we won't have to hide, run, or even stay inside. We can finally be free." She chuckles tiredly as she kisses my cheek gently, keeping her hold on me as she relaxes into me.

"Octavia..."
I turn around in her hold so I could face her, I looked at those tired green eyes. She had been through so much.

" Let's give our kids the best we can. That's all I want. I want them to live."

She looked at me with concern but soon relaxed her face once she understood what I was hinting to.

"I would never put them in harms way! I'll make sure they are secured before myself and you as well!"

" Octavia, I'm saying that... if it came down to me or the kids. Please choose them."

She looked at me with a look I couldn't describe. I knew that the thought of this hurt Octavia beyond her means but I need to know that our kids will be safe. Even if that means I and Octavia won't make it.

She looks down contemplating before finally looking at me with soft but teary eyes.

" I will, I promise."

I nodded my head as I kissed her lips softly before giving her a hug. Something we haven't done in years and I'm sure Octavia was surprised by my intimacy.

She hugged me back, squeezing me and holding me tightly towards her.

" I'll protect you all"

Timeskip

The doors had opened. The kids had there masks and backpacks. I felt nothing but pure agony fill my lungs, I looked at Octavia who was clutching her neck as blood started to come from her eyes. I could hear screams as I collapsed to the floor.

Octavia had fallen to her knees trying to help me when she was dying herself.

I pleaded with her as the radiation ripped through my body.

Help them, help our kids

I saw them crying and sobbing behind their masks as the other people around us were dying.

I was dying and so was Octavia.

The twins clung to me and sobbed as they watched my skin start to deteriorate.

Octavia had gathered them and tried to walk but collapsed. I saw the radiation start to burn her skin as she screamed for them to run into the safe keep under our floor board.

I watched as my body was burning away, my baby's were running. They were scared, I was scared.

I looked towards Octavia to see tears running down her blistered face as she crawled her way towards me.

I could feel myself suffocating. I tried to breathe but nothing was there but burning agony. I convulsed as Octavia fought through her own pain, still reaching for me.

When she finally got to me she held me and pulled me towards her as we both felt the radiation killing us.

I felt the heat become overwhelming and I also felt Octavias firm grip.

My vision blurred. There was nothing left...

(A/N)
Yes, I ended this book with death unless I receive another ending then BOOM death it is. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this shitty book!