5: Change

(1 year later)
(Y/ns pov)
One year. One year since I've been shot with an arrow. One year since I saw octavia. Then within that year I am now one of them, Trikru to be exact. I understand and connect with them but unfortunately for me feeling overwhelmed me. I couldn't help but think about Octavia and Bellamy and everyone I left on that space ship. So me being me I ran from trikru and joined my new buddy Lincoln. I guess we can both me out-casters together. I mean we practically live off each other, I do the hunting and he does all the other stuff. I was walking through the woods until I heard a snap, I didn't exactly know this area well even though it looked familiar. We would usually change our location about twice a month, rather far from polis. I hid behind a log ready to shoot my axe at whatever had come near me until I see Lincoln get to it first. Except that it was a girl. Lincoln came out from the bush and ambushed the girl to the ground covering her mouth in the process. "Lincoln what are you doing!!" "She may have others that have followed her , I'm making sure we're safe." I looked a little closer to the girl. Blue jacket with matching pants, pink tank top, brown long hair and dazzling blue eyes. I came from behind the log and came a little closer to the girl only to realize that it's octavia. My eyes widen and so does hers. I quickly remove Lincoln from octavia and embrace her in a hug. "Y/N!!" She pulls away and examines my face cupping my cheeks. " is it really you" "yeah" she comes back and embraces me. Lincoln watches out encounter from afar " I'm guessing she's Skaikru" octavia almost forgot about Lincoln and stood in front of me. I chuckled at her action "yes". Octavia turns her head to me " why do you know him?" " he's helped me through some tough times, taught me some things too." " hm okay" she took my hand in hers and tried to lead me somewhere but I stopped her. " where are we going" she just smiled " we're going home Y/n where you belong" I remove my hands from hers " I can't just leave Lincoln" a angry expression comes across her face. "Your coming back with me Y/n."

" I would think I would have a say in this octavia" she just takes a deep breathe " come on, now" " octavia-" she just smiles and shakes her head " you know what fine, you can stay here with your grounder boyfriend, I'll be at our home" she walks ...

" I would think I would have a say in this octavia" she just takes a deep breathe " come on, now" " octavia-" she just smiles and shakes her head " you know what fine, you can stay here with your grounder boyfriend, I'll be at our home" she walks off and doesn't say another word. I felt guilty that I didn't go with her but either way I would. It was either leave Lincoln or Octavia.  I wasn't gonna let either of them go that easily. When night fall comes Lincoln was already asleep in the cave and I went to go visit octavia. I walked for miles until I finally reached the campsite. I looked all around it to try and find a way in but they had built a gate in order to  keep animals and people out. I decided I would camp nearby till I saw Octavia come out.
(The morning)
I woke up on a stiff log which made my neck hurt. I got up and went toward the wooden fence that was dividing myself and Octavia. I heard rattling coming out of one of the tents only to see it's the person I intended to see. " octavia!" I whisper yell, she looks around cluelessly until she seems me at the gate. She comes closer " what are you doing here Y/n"

 She comes closer " what are you doing here Y/n"

"I came back here for you." "I knew you would leave him-" " I didn't leave Lincoln octavia" she looked at me kinda pissed "why not" "there's no reason to, he's just a friend" "if he's just a then why don't you come with me, friends are replaceable I'm-" " Octavia your making it sound like we're in a relationship" she tilted her head. " yes we are I mean, we can be" " Octavia we're just friends". Her face started to turn red as she clenched her jaw. She walked away from the fence "Octavia wait-" I heard rustling coming from the side of the fence to see her come out of it.  She marched angrily toward me, I was about to speak but she smashed her lips on mine. I pushed her away " I-Octavia I don't feel that way towards you" she shook her head with tears in her eyes.

"Please don't go Y/n" she grabbed my hand and kissed it

"Please don't go Y/n" she grabbed my hand and kissed it. " please don't leave me not again" I hugged her and she sobbed into my chest. Once she relaxed I slowly put my hand on this syringe I fount while moving around. Apparently certain flowers can make you pass out which I had to learn the hard way but used it to my advantage. I turned the flower into a serum which I made if I ever needed it. Today I do, I can't stand to see her in pain. She needs to let me go, I'm not good for her but I'll always protect her. I pushed the syringe into her neck with a swift motion and injected her. She whispered a "no" before she fell into my arms. I carried her towards the gate where the guards could see me. "STOP RIGHT THERE" one of them shouted. Once Bellamy had came out he didn't hesitate " OPEN THE GATE NOW" once the gate opened he saw me and smiled but then saw his sister in my arms. He ran over to us " what happened to her!?? Is she okay?!?" "She's fine bell" I handed her to him " keep her safe and patch up that side gate, that's where she got out" "okay but where have you been!?" " I'm a grounder now, I live in the woods they let me live bell" he looked down "you want to live with them" I nodded "then so be it but if you ever need somewhere to stay Y/n you always have here" " I'll be fine bell just make sure you keep her in your sight and safe." "I will"
I turned my back to him and went back into the woods, back to the cave where Lincoln was waiting for me. " it was the girl?" " yes" "you love her don't you" " yes" " why didn't you stay with her y/n" he sighed " I'm not good for her Lincoln, I'll only cause her trouble. She wouldn't last a day out here and I'm not sure if I would be able to protect her." He grumbled and I tried to change the subject " we better get going before skaikru comes near or others" I grabbed my stuff and made my way out the cave.