Brook's Books Podcast

Just a little something fun and random that came up in a convo with nutcracker645. Hope you enjoy this new mini series of sorts and be warned, spoilers for books are involved, I don't own newsies or anything else that may be mentioned, only OCs and what goes down. Please note this is going to be written like a scrip of sorts, with some description. There might spelling errors cause this is more for fun than anything else. Enjoy!

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────

the setting

Usually she'd film her podcast in the comfort of her bedroom, but today was a group project of sorts. Since her shared room was too small to hold what was needed and overtaking the kitchen was out of the question the basement was the only choice. Which had been redone to fit the washing machines on the far. To the other was the boys' makeshift gym with mats weights and those rubber stretchers. In the center was a pool table but that was blocked out by a grey tapestry that had fairy lights string across. The four of them sat on the couch. The old coffee table had been switched out for something a little higher. It was a covered with a pale blue and silver cloth to make it look nicer.

There were only two mics but they made due. Brooklyn had her laptop and notes ready for the topic of the day. Along with her annotated copy of the book. If she likes it enough she'll end up getting another one just for the sake to annotate and write in it. It hurts to do it but she remembers she has a pristine copy. The camera was set with Crutchie sitting behind to man it. Since it wasn't live she had time to edit and such before the air date. With a quick thumbs up and a silent count down or began.

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────

*music fades in*

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY SINCE THE TWIST OF FATE WHEN IT ALL BROKE DOWN

*picture fades in as music slowly fades out*

AND THE STORY OF US LOOKS A LOT LIKE A TRAGEDY NOW!

Brooklyn: next chapter! hello and welcome back to a new episode of Brook's books. I'm your host Brooklyn and today I have some special guests to help me out today. My brother, Mush, his girlfriend Feister, and my boyfriend Albert. Todays topic is the ballad of song birds and snakes. The prequel to the hunger games.

*Clears throat* set 64 years before Katniss Everdeen tells the story of a young Coriolanus Snow. Ten years after the dark days Snow, a top academy student, has been chosen along with 23 other students to mentor in the hunger games. Insert Lucy Grey Baird. A district 12 girl that not only is charming but also captures Snow's attention, and all of Panem. Then there's Sejanus Piltch, former district 2 boy who Snow ends up forming a sort of friendship with. And on top of that? *small pause* the great snow family is struggling to keep themselves on top. What are our thoughts among this brief summary?

Albert: this book ain't for the faint of heart

Brooklyn: sighs Al-

Albert: no seriously it should come with a warning with how gruesome it is! C'mon, the amount of tributes who die before even seeing the arena, what happens to the mentors, the frigging hanging tree!

Mush: see, all my brain cells are baseball hit free and I still question what kind of crack went into this book! Snow's a toxic, "lover". Quotation marks on lover. Anyone with half a brain can see that

Albert nods: agreed! He didn't love Lucy! Walking red flags all around. How can anyone not see that?

Brooklyn: I never said I could see red flags in a guy!