Chapter 7

Chapter 7

No pov
For the past 2 days everything has been alright for Finney. Robin came down to see him at least once a day and the grabber has kept a bit of distance.

But this morning Robin told Finn he wouldn't be able to come down for a few days due to school stuff. And Finn was not happy about that.

Once Robin left the room it was just Finney, alone again. He stood up and kicked the wall, he couldn't stop thinking. What would the grabber do if Robin wasn't there.

What if Robin couldn't help him like before, he didn't want to take that chance. He looked around for something to help him, that's when he noticed the vent again.

He took a deep breath and looked around for something to help him get up to that height. He didn't find anything, then he noticed a wire on the ground.

It was near the bed he pulled it out, it was quite long. It looked like a telephone cord, but the end was cut. There must have been a phone here at one point.

It was definitely long enough to reach the vent, he pulled it a bit and it seemed strong so he thought it was worth a shot.

He swung it up trying to get it caught in the grate, it didn't work. He tried again and again. Till finally it hooked in, he lightly tugged and it was stuck.

Finn's heart was racing he pulled on it as he started to climb the wall. He was almost there when the grate fell out of place, causing Finn to fall and hit the solid ground.

He gritted his teeth as the pain shot through his back. He threw the wire at the ground crawling up to stand back up.

The great was sitting on the floor and the small amount of light was shining through. It was obvious that he had tried to escape.

He grabbed the grate and hid it under the mattress, he curled up into a ball. Crying in pain and fear, he knew he would be in trouble when the man came down.

And Robin wouldn't be able to help him this time…

Robins pov
I told Finn that I wouldn't be able to see him for a few days this morning. I was packing my stuff for my school field trip when I got a text. I pulled off my headphones and checked it, it was the school.

Dear students, we are sorry to inform you the trip has been cancelled due to weather conditions and lack of available buses.

We hope to have a field trip next month instead.

Sighed, miss. Baxter.

"Yes!" I cheered quickly putting my stuff away. I didn't want to go in the beginning but now I don't have to and I can stay close to Finn.

My dad wasn't home from work yet and I hadn't seen Finn since this morning. So I made some food and made my way down the stairs.

"Hey Finn-" I froze.

He was balled up in a corner and the vent cover was gone, it looked like he tried to hide it under the bed. I almost dropped the tray at the sight, he had tried to escape.

He lifted his head and he had been crying, he looked me in my eyes. I couldn't tell what I was feeling, I was upset in some way.

"Robin….?"

I put the food on the floor and grabbed the cover, and went upstairs. Slamming the door like my dad had done so many times.

I went outside, fixed the grate and drilled it in so I wouldn't come off again. I put the stuff away and went to my room.

I flopped down on my bed, I refused to cry over nothing. I had nothing with Finney, he was held here against his will. I shouldn't let myself get attached.

I fell asleep but woke up to someone tucking me in, I opened my eyes a bit. It was my dad, he turned my light off as he walked out.

I just smiled to myself and fell back asleep.

I woke up around 10 am since it was the weekend, I walked out of my room seeing my dad cooking something.

"What are you making?"

"Breakfast."

"Ok" I sat on the couch and turned on a show .

"Did you go downstairs last night?"

"Yeah,.I brought him food."

My dad nodded and left the conversation at that. He started carrying the tray of food downstairs to Finn. I just hope Finn wouldn't tell him about it's, he wouldn't. He's not that stupid, cute but not stupid.

Finn's pov
Robin slammed the door and I couldn't move, all I could do was cry. I'm probably gonna die at this point, time passed and my head was in alot of pain.

I passed out from exhaustion, but woke up when the door opened. I looked up, it was Robin's dad. I wondered if Robin told him what I did.

"How are you?" He asked.

I sniffed and held back my tears. "I'm fine." I said. I felt like if I didn't reply he would get mad like last time.

"Oh good." He said cheerfully.

He put the food down front of me and walked away. I was a little surprised since he never leaves but I guess I should be thankful.

I ate the food and that was that.

The past few days have been ok, the grabber didn't stay long which was nice but he still bothered me a bit. He would get to close and touch my face, but nothing more.

And Robin hasn't come back down…..

Maybe I messed up my chances of having him as a friend or something…

He'll probably forget I'm even here and never come back down, or I'm just overthinking it. But I definitely messed something up, but you can't blame me.

Its already been like 4 days…and i've cried at least almost everyday.

(1009 words)