Chapter 11

Chapter 11

No pov
Finney slept way better that night feeling clean once again. He was a little sad that Robin didn't come down to cuddle with him.

Robin was super tired. He stayed up late catching up on his homework and essays. He ended up falling asleep at his desk. He slept in till afternoon and then exited his room, wrapped in a blanket.

"Good afternoon sleepyhead," his dad said, pouring him a cup of coffee.

Robin took it and sat down, he took a sip of it more bitter then he would have liked but he still drank it.

Finn on the other hand was waiting impatiently for him to come back down. The grabber brought him breakfast and didn't say much.

Robins pov:
"Did you bring him breakfast?" I asked

My dad nodded, turning on the tv and sitting back. As I finished making myself some lunch I ate quickly and headed down. But before I did my dad said something.

"I'm leaving for work in a bit. "

"Ok" I was about to rush down. But he stopped me.

"Robin, make sure you don't get too attached to that kid. Ok?"

I nodded and then went down, I didn't want to think about what he said. Finn wasn't gonna do anything, I was here.

I went in and Finn was just leaning against the wall but quickly brightened up when he saw me. "Hi" I said. He repeated what I said back.

He didn't talk much usually but this time he talked alot. I had asked him what he liked and things like that, and he started talking about space.

It was so cute the way he got into it, his eyes were sparkling and he was smiling as I just listened. It was quite fascinating the amount he knew.

I moved closer to him, we were sitting on the floor. He noticed and smirked as he moved closer to me. He kept moving closer with a michivous grin on his face, I backed up a bit.

"Finn what are y-!" He practically jumped on me, trapping me in a hug.

He laughed a bit and I hugged back rolling us over so I was trapping him now. He tried to flip us again but I was too strong.

"Hehe I win" I laughed

"No you don't."

"Uh yeah i-" he cut me off by pulling my face down and giving me a quick peck on the lips. I turned red and he laughed.

I got off of him and we went back to talking, it has been maybe 2 hours and I was hungry so I tried to go upstairs and make some food for me and Finn.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his sad voice was so cute.

"To make food? Aren't you hungry?" I asked, he nodded and let me walk out with no more questions.

I made some pasta quickly and came downstairs with it.

We ate and Finn seemed really comfortable around me. That makes me believe he actually enjoys being around me, and not just faking it because he's scared.

"You wouldn't try to leave would you Finn?" I hit him with the question.

He looked a little shocked, "uh i-... no?" He stuttered.

I patted his shoulder a bit to let him know I wasn't mad or anything. After we ate I took the dishes upstairs and I had some school work to catch up on.

Since I do most of my schooling from home it was pretty easy, I only had to go to school a few days a year for a certain test or event.

So I headed to my room and got started on that, I checked the time. My dad was supposed to be home in around 3 hours so if I got this done soon I could go back down to see Finn.

I got about half an hour in and was mad and stressed. I slammed my computer down and went back to the basement.

I didn't really say much to Finn. I just picked him up and put him on the mattress, then I laid down and hugged him close. "Robin you alright?" He wondered.

"Yeah yeah, I just hate math."

"I could help you?" He offered, I was about to agree but then realised that meant he had to be upstairs with me.

I really didn't hate the fact he stayed in our basement, I always knew where he was and that no one was gonna steal him.

Some days I had to worry about my dad but that was gonna happen either way.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea." I said

"Why not?"

"Because you need to stay down here."

"C'mon.. please? I'll be good!" He pleaded.

I sighed. If I get caught with him upstairs I'm gonna be in so much trouble.

"No. But I'll stay down here a little longer."

He groaned but didn't hold a grudge, he held me a little tighter and he soon fell asleep. I almost did as well but then remembered my school work.

I carefully got out of the bed and put the blanket over him. I went upstairs and back to my room, I sat down wishing I was still holding Finn.

Then I heard the front door open, I checked and it was my dad, he was early. I was so relieved I told Finney no, or this whole week would suck.

(916 words)