chapter 8

Chapter 8

Robins pov
It's been about five days since I've gone down, I think it's better this way. But at the same time I am fighting the urge to go down and hold him again.

Maybe I was too nice and he's using me, it was around 5 o'clock and my dad just came upstairs with the tray.

"Jeez, it's cold down there," he hissed, putting the dishes away.

He didn't say anything else besides that he was going out for a bit. I'm pretty sure he's happy about the fact I haven't gone into the basement lately.

That's when I realised Finn is gonna freeze if he didn't get some sort of heat. I knew my dad was to stupid and caught up in his own brain to think of that.

I groaned, throwing my head back relentlessly, I got up and went to my room. I grabbed a big comfy hoodie and a pair of soft pants.

I thought about if I should just let him freeze but I would hate myself if he got sick or something worse. So I pushed open the basement door and walked down the stairs.

Through the other door and walked in. I looked around but didn't see him, I felt my heart sink. Did he actually escape or did my dad do something?

"Robin..?" I turned around to see him balled up in the farthest corner of the room. I signed in relief.

"Yeah it's me…"

He just stared as I came closer, I sat in front of him looking over his face to see if he had any marks. None, he seemed to be unharmed.

"Has he hurt you?" I muttered

He shook his head, no. I just acknowledged him and handed him the clothes.

"So that you don't freeze." I added as I got up and made my way to the door.

"Thank you." He replied.

I stopped for a second and the shut the door behind me, I walked up the rest of the stairs and noticed my dad on the couch.

"I thought you were in your room?" He explained.

"I gave him a hoodie" I started sitting down on the couch.

Finn's pov
He walked out and I looked at the hoodie, I put it on. It smells like him, I had only got super close to him once.

I looked around and then pulled my pants off and put the other ones on. I felt warm and cosy now, so I went over to the mattress and flopped down.

I curled up with a big smile on my face for some reason. I wish he stayed down, I wanted him to hold me again.

But I guess I shouldn't think like that, he's helping the grabber. But for some reason I didn't care, he's never hurt me, he feeds me really good food.

I needed to give him a reason to trust me again.

It had been maybe several hours and it was pitch black, I was peacefully sleeping till I heard the door creek open.

I stayed still and quiet, they walked closer. I thought it might be the masked man and I was about to scream at the top of my lungs for Robin.

"Finn, can I lay with you?" It was Robin.

I quickly sat up "Robin!"

"Shush! I'm not supposed to be down here right now." He whispered

"Oh…."

I got on the mattress and then put a blanket on me. I wasn't super cold to begin with but the blanket was warm.

"Can I lay with you, I don't want to make you uncomfortable….?"

"No, it's fine." I replied and he laid down. But this time he laid in front of me wrapping his arms around my waist and hugging me.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked

"No." He statted.

I nodded and let my head rest on his shoulder, as we fell asleep again. This time we weren't woken up by his dad.

But when I woke up he was gone, he left the blanket though.

No pov
Robin carefully snuck back upstairs without being spotted by his father. He snuggled back into his bed and smiled to himself.

He couldn't stay away from Finn; he liked being around him too much. And Finn wasn't really going anywhere anytime soon so why not.

He woke up pretty early due to the fact he had school today. So he wouldn't get to see Finney till tonight, he should be okay.

As Robin entered the school he noticed something new on the bulletin board, it was a missing poster of Finn.

He only just noticed it now, Finn's been missing for a few weeks and they only just put up a poster. That sucks, I guess no one really cares.

Which is hard to believe since Finn is such a nice person, he's always sweet and caring. He was a good kid, but he was also quiet so he didn't really have any friends.

Which is good for Robin, cuase he had him now. They were friends right, I mean they met in a weird way but that's fine. He grabbed the poster and shoved it into his bag.

Robins pov
Throughout the day I heard people talking about Finney, it seems all of a sudden people care. Some people say it's all a lie and that he just ran away, so people think he did get kidnapped by the grabber.

And some people think he's already dead. But I know that 's not true, and it's not gonna happen. I wouldn't let it, I promised myself I wouldn't let that happen.

(942 words)