Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Robins pov
It's been about two days since my dad got his promotion, he's been home almost the whole day.
He doesn't seem to really leave, which means I haven't gotten to see Finn a lot.

I had an idea but it was a stretch, my dad has been in a really good mood lately. I don't mind I kinda like how friendly he's acting, but it probably won't last long.

But first I had to ask Finn something important, I was super nervous. This could go horribly wrong so quickly, but based on how my dad reacted to me letting Finn have a shower gives me hope.

I passed my dad and smiled at him and then headed down stairs to find Finn already eating breakfast. I sat down and had a cheeky smile all over my face."What?" He asked.

He has been doing really well at talking to me lately, I love the sound of his soft voice. He gets nervous whenever I mention my dad though, I try to leave him out of our conversations.

We chatted for a bit and I tried to ask my question but I always backed my words up with something else. I had to ask him now or never, if he says no then it's a no.

"I have a question for you, and you can say no or yes or nothing! Truly I just want you to still umm not hate me after it??" I explained very poorly. He looked super confused but nodded. I took a deep breath and put my hand on his and looked in his beautiful eyes.

"I want you to…be my boyfriend….. please?" I said my heart was pounding, I thought I might pass out.

His eyes lit up and he giggled a bit "wait did you only consider us friends before?" He asked. I

"I umm I don't know what I thought…."

He hugged me and kissed my cheek "yes I will…but I also have a question…" I smiled and tilted my head a bit.

"I want to be upstairs……I promise I won't run, I wouldn't even talk, I just don't like it down here.." he explained.

I nodded and gave him a quick kiss, and then walked out. He was on the same page as me, maybe my dad would accept the fact that he doesn't get to kill Finn.

I walked up and my dad was whistling as he tidied up the kitchen, he hates cleaning. I went up to him and took a deep breath. "Dad..?" I said.

"Yeah?" He replied without looking at me.

"I have a question… about Finn. And please don't be mad!"

He put the stuff that he was working on down and turned to face me. "Alright go ahead"

"Since your home a lot and..um..all that, could he come upstairs..?" I asked tucking back a bit not knowing how he'd react.

He stopped moving and looked like he was thinking, which was good. It means he's considering it. I had a chance.

"I'll think about it." He said and went back to cleaning. I nodded and walked away to my room to do my work.

Throughout the day I did my best to get all my stuff done and help my dad. It was weird though, he hasn't been in this good of a mood since……I can't remember the last time.

We we're now chilling on the couch early in the evening and he paused the show for a moment. "How many times have you brought Finney upstairs already….?" He asked I couldn't tell his emotions.

"Twice…and not one time has he tried to run or anything like that." I explained, and slightly lied. Finn had come upstairs 3 times.

"Ok, fine. But he can only be upstairs when I'm here, and he still sleeps in the basement." He said, I jumped in excitement.

I kept thanking him and giving him a hug, I asked if I could get him right now. But he told me to wait till tomorrow, he had some stuff to put away first.

Later that night I went downstairs to bring my boyfriend some food. I was super happy to tell him the good news, I was really shocked my dad said yes.

I put the tray down and he looked up from the paper he was drawing on. "I have some good news!" I squealed

"What is it?"

"You can come upstairs-" before I finished he sat up straight with sparkles in his eyes. He looked overjoyed already.

"Tomorrow, but there are rules." I explained. He nodded and I went on continuing what he can and can't do.

"You also can only be up there if my dad's here." His smile dropped a bit but he still looked happy.

"Ok." he said and started eating his food.

I left and headed back to my room practically bubbling inside from joy and happiness. I didn't care why my dad was being so nice, he's probably just happy about his promotion.

Finn pov
I can finally go upstairs soon, I've been trapped in this basement for what felt like forever. And now I have an official boyfriend, who cares how we met. Only part I'm worried about is his dad since he'll be around us.

But this is good, this means I won't be locked here for the rest of my life. I laid down and closed my eyes, this is probably the most hope I've had in a long time.

I fell asleep pretty quickly, I bundled up into the soft blankets.

(943 words)