chapter 13

Chapter 13

No pov
Luckily Robin's dad didn't care much about the hickeys. The day after Robin grabbed a sketchbook and pencils out of my room and headed downstairs. Finn was laying on the floor staring at the ceiling.

"Hey Finn, I brought you something so you're not as bored" Robin said putting the stuff down beside the other.

Finn smiled and Robin headed back upstairs, he headed to his room and got started on some math. He was getting super annoyed with it, he probably got most of the questions wrong too.

Robins pov
So I took a break and went to the living room where my dad was. I was pissed off now and I grabbed the remote changing the channel. My dad looked at me and told me to put it back on what he was watching.

I said no and he said "if you don't you're grounded. That also means no going downstairs." 

I groaned and changed it back.

A few hours later I had been a brat all day because I felt like it. We we're now in the kitchen practically screaming at each other, he stepped closer to me and I yelled.

"If you try and fucking touch me I'll break your godamm arm!" He smacked me across the mouth, hard. I felt slightly tears in my eyes.

"I don't care what you do to me!!" I screamed trying to hit him back.

He grabbed my arm and started dragging me to the basement. I kept yelling and telling him to leave Finn out of this, and that he didn't do anything.

He threw open the door and Finn was just there innocently drawing. He looked up to see me crying and my dad dragging me down by my arm. I could see it in his eyes, he was terrified.

My dad dropped me onto the floor and went over to Finn. The short haired boy crawled back tucking himself begging the other not to hurt him.

"No please don't! I'm sorry!" I cried.

I wanted to stop him but if I tried to intervene I knew I'd make it worse. He started hitting Finn and all I could do was watch as Finn cried and my dad yelled at me.

"Stop please!" I yelled but he didn't, Finn was screaming and I accidentally looked into his eyes again.

I couldn't watch this, the pain in his eyes. I curled my body up trying not to see what was happening. But my dad yelled at me.

"You better fucking watch this, this is your fault! Look at what you did" he grabbed Finn's jaw facing it towards me.

As he kept beating Finn screamed and cried in ageny. I was almost sobbing but I tried to control myself, but I was definitely crying.

I have no clue how long he did that for but Finn had mostly stopped screaming and looked like he was gonna pass out. "Stop, please, he's gonna pass out!" I was on my knees.

My dad stared at Finney's face for a second before stopping. He started walking up and stopped and looked at me then said

"You cry like you've never hurt someone Robin, remember who you are." He then continued walking upstairs.

Once he left I quickly went to Finn, I scooped him up in my arms. He looked drained of every emotion, I hugged him close.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm so sorry Finn. I'm sorry…." I kept repeating, holding him close. He didn't reply, he just looked at me with his tired eyes.

"I-I'll get the first aid kit…-" I was gonna tell him it would be okay but I couldn't promise that. My dad was probably waiting for any reason to get rid of Finn, if he couldn't have him he didn't want him.

I put him on the bed and wiped away my tears and went upstairs. My dad wasn't there, he must have left or something but I could care less what he was doing right now.

I grabbed the medical bag with all the first aid stuff inside of it. He was beat pretty hard so there would probably be some deep cuts and marks.

I went back down and Finn wasn't awake or moving, I shook him and he whined loudly. I pulled my hands back hoping I didn't hurt him more then he already was.

I have to figure out how to fix this, how to fix everything. I sat him up straight "can I take your shirt off?" I asked.

He looked at the door like he was expecting him to come down. "Don't worry he left, he won't see you." I explained

He nodded and slowly tried to pull his shirt off but struggled due to the pain, so I helped him. I wanted to cry all over again from the sight of it.

His stomach had huge purple and black bruises and his whole body was practically red. His back was even worse there were even several cuts.

I did my best to put ice on them and a cream on some cuts, but there wasn't much I could do. They would have to heal on their own.

I just kept apologising, over and over again. But not once did he say that he forgave me. Once the ice packs melted I took them off and put his shirt back on.

I didn't know what to do now, I didn't want to risk him getting hurt anymore so I stayed upstairs. I went to the mirror and washed my face trying and my dad's words repeated in my head.

"This is your fault"

"You cry like you've never hurt someone Robin, remember who you are."

I dreid my face off and laid down in my bed, not before grabbing my stuffy from under my bed and holding it close. Wishing it was Finn, I hate myself for it.

If I didn't go down in the first place I wouldn't care, he'd probably be dead already and I wouldn't care. But I do, I really fucking do.

I didn't want him to leave me, I needed him for some reason. I hate my dad so much right now, if I just didn't threaten him Finn wouldn't be hurt right now. It was all my fault.

(1,055 words)