Chapter ten

" SWEEP THE DECKS. MAKE SURE MY FRIEND'S SHIP SPARKLES. I DONT WANT TO SEE A SINGLE DUST BALL LURKING IN THE CORNERS!" Dennis screams at all of us.

I get on my hands and knees. I pick up some of the dead fish, and pile them in a bucket. Van will take it to cook for dinner.

Captain William glances at me. I bow my head, and look down.

He touches my shoulder. " You realize, your friend isn't going to get us anywhere on this quest, right?" I nod my head.

He looks surprised. I say quietly,

" I know he might slow us down, but I wanted to give him the good experience you gave me." Captain William smile sadly.

" Not many people have spunk like you, Julie. I don't think Dennis will appreciate you trying to give him some adventure." He says softly. He takes my hands, and smirks Leo's smile. I grin.

" Well, you always call me sparky... Now I'm Spunky." I laugh, and he gives a slight chuckle. We start scrubbing the deck, and then Dennis stomps towards us.

" You love birds are going to have to keep cleaning. I want this ship spotless before we actually go anywhere."

Captain William and I both choke on our saliva when we hear this.

" We aren't lovebirds!" We cry in unison. Dennis smirks.

" Say that to your friend Leo. Look, I think he heard you guys. See you later. I gotta ship to run" he walks away, with a smirk plastered on his face.

Leo watches me, from far away, with a hurt expression on his face. Captain shakes his head, and sighs.

" Now Leo will try and go after you. He loves you, you know?" I nod my head.

" I love him too. But, Dennis walked in on Leo kissing me, and now Dennis is trying to get revenge."

Captain nods his head. " I see. Well, we better get the deck cleaned. Otherwise, we won't have any time."

" Time for what?"

" Time to plan out our scheme, of how to get rid of Dennis, of course."

" You have got to be kidding me."

" Yep. I am. No, we will find out how to get captain Dennis, away from captain. If that makes any sense." He looks at me, and smiles as I give him a confused look.

" See, this is why you are my favorite! Julie, no one is like this! All of them never get confused when I speak! " I smile.

" So what were you saying?" I ask.

" Okay. So Dennis is in love with you. We have to make him not in love with you! We all know Dennis is now second captain, so he's going to boss you around. All we know, is that you can make him not love you anymore. Leo loves you a lot. Act all disgusting in front of Dennis, and he will lose interest in you. "

I smile. " Brilliant. So... What to do first?"