Chapter twelve.

We sit at the table on top deck. Dennis takes a big bite out of his fish organs, and mashed potatoes, and then spits it up.all of us roar with laughter, while Dennis is choking.

I walk him on the back ten times, until his coughing has died down. Tears of laughter cover Captain William and my face. Van is busy making more.

" Hey Van! You won't need to make more!" I yell down the hatch. Van comes up, with a smile plastered across his face.

" He ate it?" He asks excitedly.

I nod my head. " He ate it."

Van starts chuckling. " Which idiot eats my cooking? Especially breakfast! Man, I wish I was there!" He playfully punches me in the shoulder.

" Don't touch her." Dennis growls.

Van's expression hardens. " What if I do? Huh? Will you make me walk the plank? What the hell will you do, you chicken?"

Dennis stands up, pushing his chair back. " I'll do this. " He jumps over the table, knocking my plate over. He grabs Van by the throat, and pins him in a chokehold. I scream.

" LET GO OF HIM DENNIS! You will hurt him!" He doesn't stop pressing his hand over van's throat. Captain William stands up so abruptly, and grabs Dennis by the scruff of his neck. Dennis drops Van on the ground.

Terence grabs Van, and leads him to the kitchen. Captain lifts Dennis up, and throws him to the deck flor,

" No one messes with my men! Do you hear?! " He screams at Dennis. Dennis looks scared. He nods his head. He gets up, and rubs his back. He then jumps down the hatch, and to his hammock.

I let out a shaken breath. I've never seen him so angry. I grab my plate, and head down to the kitchen. I walk to Van and Terence, and place my plate down. Van is still massaging his neck, and you can see a red line, where he was choked.

" How are you feeling?" I ask.

" I'm okay. Did I tell you how well your friend grips? Wow, not even captain William was ever so good."

" He's not my friend."

" And why not?"

" Because, he hurt you. I don't want a friend that hurts others for no reason"

Van nods. " I see. Well, you will always be my friend. You wouldn't hurt me."

I smile. " Yep. I will always be your friend. Now come on. Captain William will think that you got knocked out."