Chapter twenty eight.

The Dark water islands are not just for us to reclaim. It is the others homes. But, when the western isles men took over it, they brought some of my town too. Also, they have kept slaves. They torture them. We want to stop that. We want it to be a peaceful place. And for that to happen, we have to kill.

As brutal as it it, we must do it. That is why we made allies. They will help us kill the bad men. We will help the slaves, nurture them back to health. It is going to be tough.

I sit at the table, with thirty other men. We all eat some pasta I made earlier. If is good. But I can barely swallow it. No one else seems to be having that problem. But, my pasta tastes like home. I remember my brother and sister. My mum and dad all sitting at the table. What if they are some of the people we fight? I nasty feeling rises from my stomach, to my mouth. Why do I have to fight my own family. What if, one of my friends from home is there. What if I see them murdered in front of me? I shudder at the thought.

I get up from the table, so fast, that I cause the silent table, to jump. I swing my legs over the bench, limp over to the search basket, and start to climb up. Once I get inside, I have a full view of the ocean. Then I see it. An island. The Northern Isles. We made it.